Profile for etain > Reviews

Plan Toys 64052 Oval Xylophone
Plan Toys 64052 Oval Xylophone
Offered by Great Gizmos Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice toy - shame it's not a xylophone, 22 April 2009
This is a colourful and well made set of blocks of wood. However, it is not a xylophone. I bought it because one review said it was OK despite not being tuned properly - I am not particularly musical, so this didn't bother me. However, it is totally tuneless.

Wii Fit (Wii)
Wii Fit (Wii)
Offered by JSP online

4.0 out of 5 stars Great family fun and motivational - but not a substitute for the gym, 3 Sep 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii Fit (Wii) (Video Game)
This is a great product. My whole family has had fun on this (apart from the newborn baby, although I think there's a way to weigh him on it which would enable me to avoid the baby clinic and never go out of the house). It's well worth the £70 spent on it, but wouldn't be worth more.

The only thing I really want to add to what has been written before is that it isn't a substitute for the gym, unless you mainly use it to encourage you to jog on the spot (which you don't even use the balance board for). I only add this gripe because I bought it after seeing it demonstrated in a leisure centre by promotional staff who were dressed like personal trainers, and reading reviews which suggested it was a suitable gym substitute. It's a really fun game and I love it, but it's a game and most of the exercises are just for fun. It is motivational and probably much better than spending a weekly fee in a slimming club to be weighed in when the Wii Fit can do it for you and even give you a row if you miss a few days.

If you don't want to use it to lose weight (sadly not the case for me after a baby, but it does apply to my older son) then it seems to be rather goal-oriented. It's no substitute for running about in the park in his case, it's just fun and won't on its own maintain fitness. It's a really sociable game and as some other reviewers have said, more party play features would be good - you have to go out and back in as different Miis to play together. Overall, I've had loads of fun with it but I know I have to get out of the house and exercise as well. I highly recommend it as a game, but not as a substitute for other forms of exercise.