Profile for A. Murray > Reviews

Kitchen Craft Bar Craft Lock In Cast Crown Top Bottle Opener
Kitchen Craft Bar Craft Lock In Cast Crown Top Bottle Opener
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bottle Opener, 23 May 2012
I'm very pleased with this opener, it's a nice item to look at and feels quality, it's a good size and weight and nice to use. It also leaves the bottle caps in good condition, as someone who likes to keep them this is useful.

Casio AQ-230A-1DMQYES Small Unisex Combi Bracelet Watch
Casio AQ-230A-1DMQYES Small Unisex Combi Bracelet Watch
Price: 19.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch let down by fiddly clasp, 12 Oct 2010
My father has worn this type of watch for years so when I was looking for a new watch at a reasonable price this was the one I chose. I love the way it looks, I like the design of the face and it's small size. I found the strap very easy to adjust and have not had any problems with it pulling out hairs on my wrist, it's been very comfortable. The digital dispaly is small but easy to read and I've found it very useful, both for displaying the date and the stopwatch feature, I'm also sure that when I go abroad the ability to display a second time will also be useful. I've only had one real problem with the watch and that's the clasp. It's easy to do up but I've found it very difficult to undo. Perhaps there's a knack to it that I've just not yet discovered but it takes me a minute or two of trying to undo which is rather frustrating. Overall I'm pleased with the watch, for the price it it great, it looks good and has useful features, if it only had a better clasp it would definitely deserve 5 stars.

Eddie Izzard Live: Stripped [DVD] [2009]
Eddie Izzard Live: Stripped [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Eddie Izzard
Offered by Jasuli
Price: 5.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 6 Dec 2009
If this was any other comedian I would probably have enjoyed it more, it's very funny in parts but compared to Izzard's earlier shows it's a real disappointment. I had such high expectations and they just weren't met, there are moments of genius but the rest is very mediocre stuff. It seems he is well past his best.

The Beckham Experiment: How the World's Most Famous Athlete Tried to Conquer America
by Grant Wahl
Price: 14.67

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent insight into the MLS, 9 Nov 2009
I very much enjoyed reading this book, it gives a great insight into the MLS and how Beckham's arrival affected it. It does not focus too much on Beckham's celebrity, mentioning it and how it affected his relationship with the media and his teammates but it very much focused on the football side of Beckham. The most interesting parts however were not about Beckham but how many of the "lesser" players struggle to get by, earning minimal wages and often forced to take a second job to pursue their passion. An informative and entertaining read that I highly recommend to all football fans.