Profile for Kathleen Spindler > Reviews

Kathleen Spindler

The Beach Cafe
The Beach Cafe

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb book, 15 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Beach Cafe (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I was engrossed in every chapter and couldnt wait to find out what happened to all the characters. The description of the cafe and its setting was so vivid and made me want to be right in it, with all the lovely people who were portrayed. Also it reminded me of time spent in Cornwall. The way actual places and TV programmes were mentioned was an added bonus too. A great read!

The Woman in White
The Woman in White

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good story. After the first few pages though, 3 Sep 2014
A very good story. After the first few pages though, I nearly gave up on it, but I soon got into the story and didn't have a clue how it would all end. Not until way towards the end of the book. I was so pleased I stuck with it and really enjoyed the twisting stories about each character. Highly recommended.

Here Come the Girls
Here Come the Girls
by Milly Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book, 3 Sep 2014
This review is from: Here Come the Girls (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. Having been on several cruises, I could relate to it as if I was there with them. The characters were very interesting and so different. Also the stories about each one of them were believable. I would recommend it, to anyone who hasn't yet read it.

The Teashop on the Corner
The Teashop on the Corner

5.0 out of 5 stars and I really enjoyed it. The characters really came to life and ..., 3 Sep 2014
This was a most entertaining book, and I really enjoyed it. The characters really came to life and towards the end of the book I felt like I really knew them. Then nearing the end of the book there were tears in my eyes so I could hardly read it, it was so emotional. I highly recommend this story to anyone who hasn't yet read it. I have now started another one of Millie Johnsons books.

The Importance of Being Earnest
The Importance of Being Earnest

3.0 out of 5 stars QUITE GOOD FOR THE TIME IT WAS SET IN, 7 Jun 2014
It's alright according to the era in which it was set. I heard a lot about it and thought I would read it for myself. So it was readable, and was curious as to how it would end.

To Be Read at Dusk
To Be Read at Dusk

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite a good read, and fairly interesting., 16 Mar 2014
It was alright and a bit thought provoking, but not that scary. Any book by Charles Dickens is very descriptive and nice to read. I was quite interested to find out what happened in the end. But I wouldn't call it a page turner.

The Signal-Man
The Signal-Man

4.0 out of 5 stars A good mystery, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Signal-Man (Kindle Edition)
I quite enjoyed this short story. A thought provoking and mysterious tale. I wanted to keep reading it once I had started to find out the ending.

Doctor Marigold
Doctor Marigold

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite a good read, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Doctor Marigold (Kindle Edition)
I watched a reading of this story a few years ago by Simon Callow, and it left an impression on me, as being very moving. But the book did not have the same effect, although quite good.

Philomena: The true story of a mother and the son she had to give away (film tie-in edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 20 Feb 2014
I enjoyed this book, but was a little disappointed with the content. When reading all the reviews of the film, I thought it would be mainly about Philomena trying to find her son. But about 85% of the book was about her son, his political career and his lifestyle. Before reading the book, I wanted to see the film, but now I'm not so sure. Anyway a good read!