Profile for karenb > Reviews

6 x 13" Robin Reed Racing Reindeer Clockwork Christmas Crackers
6 x 13" Robin Reed Racing Reindeer Clockwork Christmas Crackers
Offered by Venture Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars wish they'd packed it better!, 21 Nov 2014
crackers are great, but packaging was awful and the box and some of the crackers were damaged. I had bought this as a family gift to go abroad and cant do that now

AHK Puppets - Farm Animal Hand Puppet Sets
AHK Puppets - Farm Animal Hand Puppet Sets

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for Kids, 26 May 2014
The puppets are well made and little children love playing with them. Not much else to say, but if you are looking for farm animal hand puppets, no need to look any further!

niceEshop(TM) Universal Fold-Up Multi-angle Stand / Folding Holder For Ipad / Kindle / Galaxy Tab / Xoom / Other Tablets -Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for ipad, 26 May 2014
really helpful little gadget. I liked it so much I ordered another one. Takes ages to arrive as they must be using a Donkey or something, but worth it when it finally landed on my mat!

Amazon Kindle 2 Sync & Charge USB Cable (White)
Amazon Kindle 2 Sync & Charge USB Cable (White)
Offered by Global 0011

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, 26 May 2014
It was meant to fit the kindle, but didn't and anyway, the wire was broken when it arrived and I couldn't be bothered sending it back. luckily a friend had a spare!

Gruffalo Hand Puppet
Gruffalo Hand Puppet

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun with this puppet, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Gruffalo Hand Puppet (Toy)
My Grandson aged 18 months loved this puppet, it is well made and great value for money. So much so that I bought another one for a friend's baby.

Rory's Boys
Rory's Boys
by Alan Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, this is for me!, 25 Oct 2011
This review is from: Rory's Boys (Paperback)
When I saw the cover, the first thing that came to mind was... oops gay book, is this for me? Well, I am a modern woman and it did come highly recommended, so what was there to lose? Once I started reading, I couldn't put the book down. As the story unfolded the characters came to life and I would find myself giggling one minute whilst holding back the tears in the next. I have probably learnt more about the gay lifestyle than I needed to know, but hey this has not stopped me recommending this delightful book to friends and family. There are poignant reminders of how tough life must have been in the early days for those who were unable to live their lives as they chose, shunned by many and Alan Clark merely tells this as it is and the story moves on.

I love Alan's turn of phrase, he has such a great sense of humour and a wonderful way with words; our hero, Rory, looks up at a `streaky bacon sky' - what a great description and there are so many more throughout the book. In the end we are left hoping that the boys have all found somewhere where they belong and are loved. After all, isn't that what everyone wants? Will they live happily ever after? For an answer to that question maybe we should ask Alan. Is he already working on a sequel, or perhaps the screen play or even a TV series? I do hope so.