Profile for widget > Reviews

Content by widget

widget

Page: 1 | 2
Digital LCD Thermometer - Hygrometer Vivarium Aquarium Reptile Incubator With 1.5m Long Probe Sensor Value Concepts
Offered by Trading Reliably
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 16 Mar 2014
This works well and shows moisture/ humidity as well as temperature which is useful.

However, the humidity display is larger then the temperature display and I would have preferred it the other way round but hey, it didn't cost a fortune and it seems to be pretty accurate.

Easier to read than a dial thermometer. I'm very happy with it.

Gothic Knits
Gothic Knits
by Fiona McDonald
Price: 8.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to making these, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Gothic Knits (Paperback)
I haven't had time to start knitting these yet so I can't comment on how easy (or not) the patterns are to follow.

But the designs are really beautiful and there are instructions on how to shape the bodies and embroider the faces. The male dolls even have six-packs and a couple of them bear a resemblance to Johnny Depp - bonus! Have thought about amending the pattern and knitting a life-size Johnny Depp type one to keep me company- might take rather a lot of wool though!

Exo Terra Cricket Pen, Large
Exo Terra Cricket Pen, Large
Offered by WUNDAPETS
Price: 17.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Crickets like their house, 16 Mar 2014
I bought my crickets ready before I got my baby chameleon. Unfortunately, the chameleon was a lot smaller than I had expected so the crickets I got were too big. Both the crickets and the chameleon are growing so it may be a while before he gets to eat them.

However, I have had these crickets for 5 weeks now and they seem to enjoy living in their pen. The hatch on the top enables me to change their food and water gel easily with no escapes and I am sure that when I can actually feed them to my chameleon, the tubes will make things a lot easier than my current regime. Hopefully, I will not have any escapees and won't have to spend my time chasing crickets round the room with a plastic cup!

Pro Rep Live Food Bug Grub 300g Jar
Pro Rep Live Food Bug Grub 300g Jar
Offered by LittleBigPet
Price: 5.86

4.0 out of 5 stars The bugs seem to like it, 16 Mar 2014
As with the bug gel, I use washed milk container tops as food bowls for the bugs and they seem to be eating it.

As someone new to reptile keeping I am picking up tips from more experienced keepers all the time.

I have been told that chicken mash is as good to feed to my bugs. As I keep chickens, this is what I will do when my jar of bug grub is empty, if I haven't started using jellies instead. However, it is lasting a long time so it might be a while yet!

ProRep Bug Gel live food water supply Jar Pack 500ml
ProRep Bug Gel live food water supply Jar Pack 500ml
Offered by Pet Connection
Price: 5.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Safe water for my bugs, 16 Mar 2014
My crickets really swarmed all over this when I put it in their tub. probably because they had been without water for quite a while in the shop before I bought them.

I wash the tops off milk containers and use them as a bowl for the gel.

However, I have since discovered jellies which contain both nutrition and moisture so I will probably buy those next time and make my life even easier!

Exo Terra Reptile Cricket Feeder
Exo Terra Reptile Cricket Feeder
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Haven't tried it out yet, 16 Mar 2014
I bought this as a way of feeding my veiled chameleon when I am at work. However, because he is still quite small, I feed him by putting crickets in plastic pots fastened into his vines near the top of his vivarium.

I am sure when he is big enough to wander to the bottom of his viv, this will be a good way of him finding his food. he does prefer to stalk his bugs so this should hopefully give him a controlled way of doing this.

I was surprised that the 2 pieces did not fit together a bit tighter and I am hoping that the crickets don't find a gap to get through.
As I haven't tried this out yet this is the best I can do with regard to a review.
If possible I will update once I have tried it.

0.33L 330ml Stainless Steel Coffee Frothing Milk Jug Latte by Andrew James
0.33L 330ml Stainless Steel Coffee Frothing Milk Jug Latte by Andrew James
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid jug., 12 Oct 2013
I know nothing about making coffee with a machine but my son wanted this. I was a bit worried when I saw it as it was smaller than I had expected although it does tell you how much it holds in the product description. It is a good solid jug; the steel is very thick and it looks very stylish. It must have been big enough as my son made 4 lattes with plenty of froth!

Milk Frothing Barista Thermometer - Make perfect froth for your Cappuccino and Coffee
Offered by Colour Changing Products - 'Welcome to the World of Colour Change Technology'
Price: 2.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected, 12 Oct 2013
I was buying accessories for my son to go with his coffee machine. The strips were very small and do not look as big as in the picture. I think you get a pack of 2. I seem to recall that I had to pay postage on this and as it came in a very light envelope I am not sure the postage cost was justified. Not sure if these are dishwasher proof - we'll have to wait and see. Wish I'd bought an ordinary espresso thermometer; would have made a better gift.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2013 3:34 PM BST

Black & White Spotty Coffee Espresso Set - 2 Cups & 2 Saucers
Black & White Spotty Coffee Espresso Set - 2 Cups & 2 Saucers
Offered by SWITCH!
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee anyone?, 12 Oct 2013
I bought these as a gift for my son to go with his new expresso machine. I was really impressed with this set as they came nicely packaged in a spotty box and I feel they were very good value for the money. My son was pleased with them.

Luna Ukulele Malu Concert with Gig Bag
Luna Ukulele Malu Concert with Gig Bag
Price: 116.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace man!!!!, 12 Oct 2013
I have wanted this ukulele for a long time. I already have a Luna uke which has a nice sweet tone. I saw the "peace" ukulele in a local music store over a year ago and loved it but could not justify buying it and it has gone up in price considerably since I first saw it. However, when I got Amazon vouchers for my birthday I found this on Amazon. The one I bought was "used" but in fact it was brand new and was classed as used because the packaging (inside) was damaged. The uke was fine and plays really well. An additional bonus was that by buying it "used" it was cheaper than the one I saw in the music shop over a year ago. Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!
Happiness is a ukulele! Everyone should have one.

Page: 1 | 2