Profile for eileen nelligan > Reviews

Content by eileen nelligan

eileen nelligan

Counselling Skills for Working with Trauma (Essential Skills for Counselling)
Counselling Skills for Working with Trauma (Essential Skills for Counselling)
by Christiane Sanderson

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 24 Aug. 2014
good read, easy to understand and good tips.

Skills Training Manual for Treating Borderline Personality Disorder: Diagnosis and Treatment of Mental Disorders (Diagnosis & Treatment of Mental Disorders)
by Marsha M. Linehan

4.0 out of 5 stars BPD skills training manual review, 23 Feb. 2014
I like this book from a mental health workers perspective. Good clear information and skills training manual as it says on the tin. I think this book would be helpful for anybody working with BPD. Yes I would recommend it. Handy to be able to photocopy sheets for clients.

FREEDOM FROM ADDICTION: Breaking the Bondage of Addiction and Finding Freedom in Christ
by ANDERSON NEIL

2.0 out of 5 stars one of my least favourites, 23 Feb. 2014
I did not like this book. Found it too rigid and moralistic. Much too much religious overtones for my liking, almost off putting. Definately not my type of book.

Freedom from Addiction: The Chopra Center Method for Overcoming Destructive Habits
by Deepak Chopra

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommended, 23 Feb. 2014
I really like this book. It helps me understand addiction and gives me the skills to use in practice. It has a holistic approach incorporating mind body and spirit. I would recommend it to anybody with addictions or obsessive compulsive traits. I will be recommending it to my clients.

Skills in Person-Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy (Skills in Counselling & Psychotherapy Series)
by Janet Tolan

4.0 out of 5 stars review, 23 Feb. 2014
It's been a while since I used this book but found it very helpful during my training. It was like a bible for some of my essays. I often refer to it and like the style.

Student Manual for Theory and Practice of Counselling and Psychotherapy
Student Manual for Theory and Practice of Counselling and Psychotherapy
by Gerald Corey

4.0 out of 5 stars book review, 23 Feb. 2014
This book gave me a good synopsis of various approaches/styles which was just what I needed during my training to get a basic understanding.

The Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy
The Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy
by Irvin D. Yalom

3.0 out of 5 stars Got this for college., 23 Feb. 2014
It's been a while since I picked up this book. Got it for college and writing essays to get an understanding of group work. The book was in good condition and delivery was within time frame.

Unresolved Grief: A Practical, Multicultural Approach For Health Professionals
Unresolved Grief: A Practical, Multicultural Approach For Health Professionals
by John C. Gunzburg

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice read, enjoyed it., 23 Feb. 2014
Yes I enjoyed this book, I like to pick it up and read parts of it now and then. It was in good condition considering it was used . It is great to get the books second hand and in such good condition. Overall very pleased with service and content.

Northwest Territory Inuvik Leather Hiking Boots Waterproof Trekking Mens Walking Shoe (8, Brown)
Offered by factory shoes

3.0 out of 5 stars review on hiking boot, 23 Feb. 2014
Arrived in good time, I understand that posting costs could have been reduced if the product could have been shipped via northern Ireland, however was unable to access that option during booking. Boots are good enough for working around outdoors, waterproof and servicable. However not quite as comfy as ecco's which I usually use but for the price they are worth it.

Learn to Understand your English Springer Spaniel Puppy & Dog Book
Learn to Understand your English Springer Spaniel Puppy & Dog Book
by Vince Stead

3.0 out of 5 stars Star rating and feedback, 9 Nov. 2013
I expecetd to learn more about my english spaniel and more on training him. Fairly basic and I did not learn much more than what I already knew. Probably good for someone who knows little about spaniels or dogs in general. Overall experienced it to be a little disappointing.