Profile for Me Again > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Transcend 32GB JetFlash 770 Super Speed Capless USB 3.0 Drive
Transcend 32GB JetFlash 770 Super Speed Capless USB 3.0 Drive

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, 21 Jun 2014
I expected a better build from transced, I was surprised at how flimsy the mechanism feels and it rattles a bit. I am not seeing the speed improvements of USB 3.0 but I have been using hard drives via usb so maybe its only an improvement over memry sticks.

Bialetti: Replacements Spare Parts for 1 or 2 Cup Venus/Musa/Kitty/Mia Stainless Steel Espresso Makers - Blister Pack
Offered by Moema

5.0 out of 5 stars They fit the Kona, 21 Jun 2014
I couldn't find a rubber seal for my Kona 2 cup but this one fits perfectly. No complaints at all.

Kidkraft Star Table & 2 Chair Set 26912 Furniture (Multi-colour)
Kidkraft Star Table & 2 Chair Set 26912 Furniture (Multi-colour)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, 21 Jun 2014
I can not, in good conscience, recommend this product to anyone. I really don't understand how there is such a difference between the table I got and the table everyone else seems to have received.
First off I was expecting solid wood (at that price) the chairs were but the table is laminated MDF. This was badly marked and chipped around the pre-drilled holes. The table itself was not level once it was put together and the poor hole positions for the table top meant the top would not tighten down because the screws were longer than the hole. The table was in use for less than an hour before the top needed tightened again.
The chairs were pretty solid and I liked them, but I was a little concerned about some splinterig of the wood around the drilled holes, and the finish was quite rough in places, but if that had been the worst thing about the product I would have kept it. As it is I returned the product and had one tearful child on his birthday.
I think the product I received was badly over-priced, attention to detail and quality were sadly lacking.
As I have said I don't know why the item I received was so poor, I purchased based on the other reviews...maybe I just got a wonky table. Still, I asked for a refund instead of a replacement as I did not want to take the chance I was going to get another similar product.

Star Fleet - Series 1 - Complete
Star Fleet - Series 1 - Complete
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Old school puppet action, 28 Feb 2014
I claimed I put these DVDs on the rental list for the kids but really they were for me. Although my oldest did enjoy them. They came out of sequence, disc 3 arrived first so I don't think that helped endear my kids to it. Luckily I was still able to follow the storyline.
The cartoon suffers from poor picture quality but given how old it is I think it is fine. It wont draw in the kids of today but the kids of yesterday will love it. I think I might have to buy the boxset.

TP-Link TL-PA2030KIT 200Mbps Powerline Adapter with 3 Ports - Twin Pack
TP-Link TL-PA2030KIT 200Mbps Powerline Adapter with 3 Ports - Twin Pack
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems at all, 24 Feb 2014
I purchased this item after reading the reviews and I was a little sceptical about setting it up. I need not have worried.
Contrary to what some people have posted here I followed the instructions to the letter and I had everything setup within 2 minutes. I am getting 111Mbps which far exceeds my 29mb internet connection so I don't have any issues streaming HD films over the internet to my smart tv.
Due to limited socket availability I have both powerline adapters connected to surge-protect extension cables and there is no issue what-so-ever. I expected to have a fight with the firmware or some other issue as this is the norm for me but no issues at all.
I have seen that some people have had the units fail after some time, but right now everything is working perfectly and I have no complaints at all.
Excellent product, I also had no issues with the software.

Polaris cranium cycling under helmet hat cap
Polaris cranium cycling under helmet hat cap
Offered by Hike Bike and Ride

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm, 4 Jan 2014
I got this to help prevent the "ice-cream headaches" I was getting cycling into the icy wind. It has helped a great deal in this regard and keeps me warm.

The only problem I have with it is something I guess I should have expected. The wind noise is not great and it impairs hearing, definitely requiring greater vigilance on the roads.

I couldn't cycle without it now (in the cold weather) and highly recommend it.

The Phoenix Conspiracy (The Phoenix Conspiracy Series Book 1)
The Phoenix Conspiracy (The Phoenix Conspiracy Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dubious about free stuff...don't be, 4 Jan 2014
I only got this book as it was free. I absolutely loved it. I would have paid for the book had I known how well written it was. It has even moved me to purchasing a kindle as I was only using the kindle app on my phone.

To me the book reads a little bit like the Mass Effect computer game, but the story could have been set anywhere, anytime and it would be still be a good storyline.

I can't review the book as the blurb will tell you all you need to know and I would just give you spoilers.

I found the characters well written and I empathized with the main character, getting angry on his behalf at certain stages. I reached a point where I couldn't put the book down and read well into the small hours of the morning, much to the chagrin of my wife who was left looking after the kids in the morning when I was absolutely useless through lack of sleep.

I am now on book 2 of the series and I fully intend to read all of them.

Topeak Headlux Helmet Light -
Topeak Headlux Helmet Light -
Offered by GsportsUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly bright for the size., 8 Nov 2013
If anyone fails to see me with this light on my helmet I will be amazed.
Can be a little tricky to fit if your helmet has large central panels. This just fitted my helmet (Giro Transcend) and I had to move it around a bit so that the plastic clip was away from my head but now I don't even notice it is there.

SAVFY® 2 X CREE LED Bike Bicycle Cycle Head Front Lamp Flashlight Torch up to 270 lm + 5 LED Rear Light Kit Set (2212)
Offered by eLifeStore Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Front lights are great rear light not so great, 8 Nov 2013
The front lights (x2) are good. They are bright, very easy to fit and the single button is easy to operate even with winter gloves on. The rear light is good as well, it is nice and bright with many different light patterns. The downside is the rear light bracket. It is useless. I didn't even manage to fit it to my bike before it snapped. My first thought was that it was made of the wrong type of plastic. It will not absorb any impact. My bracket failed as I was trying to titghten the screw to secure it to the seat pillar the screw fitment just failed and came away in my hand. I wasn't even pushing hard.

I am keeping the lights as I like the front ones and after being hit by a car two days ago I feel that having them is a neccessity and don't want to wait for returns etc.

Scramblebug Splash (Turquoise Blue and White)
Scramblebug Splash (Turquoise Blue and White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid toy, 22 Aug 2013
Bought this for my second child's first birthday. It is a great height for him, he can get on and off himself and on laminate flooring he can push himself around no problem. The position of the legs means there is no chance it can tip over on a flat surface and the rubber on the wheels makes it very quiet. My three-year-old loves it as well and there is often a fight for it.
It is solidly built and folds away nicely. Good quality

Page: 1 | 2 | 3