Profile for A.D > Reviews

Content by A.D

A.D

Honey, I Shrunk The Kids / Honey, I Blew Up The Kid / Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bug Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bundle of FUN!, 26 Jan. 2012
The first part reminds me a lot of my childhood. I used to love that movie, and I still enjoy watching it till now. The second part is cool too, but the first one is better. Well, the third is ok I guess. However, when you put them all in one box, with this great price, it is really worth it. If you didn't watch the first part, you defiantly need to!

The Man In The Moon [DVD] [1992]
The Man In The Moon [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Sam Waterston

4.0 out of 5 stars A simple heartwarming family movie!, 22 Feb. 2011
I first discovered this movie few years back, with no expectations whatsoever. Then, wow, I was overwhelmed with the beautiful story and outstanding characters (especially the performance of Reese Witherspoon), I didn't know at that time that she started acting in such a young age.

The movie really succeeded in depicting the blossom of teenager emotional romances and how immature yet honest love story can affect your childhood - teenager life and will always touch something in your heart.

Another important theme in the movie, is the strength of sisterhood. When Court (Jason London), shows up in the life of the Trant family, this is where the relationship of the 2 sisters started to be deeply tested. As both fall in love with him, the climax of the movie began to gradually rise.

How the parents react in the movie is another beautiful depiction of various discipline measures, in which might be extreme at some times and just touching at another.

The location of which this movie has been filmed is just amazing, with the wide green farm, warm simple house and the small lake. It just made me desire to live there with the atmosphere of a simple farm life style.

I recommend this movie to those who are longing for a sweet, emotional family movie in which we miss these days.

Love Field [DVD]
Love Field [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michelle Pfeiffer

4.0 out of 5 stars How come no one has reviewed this movie yet?, 24 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Love Field [DVD] (DVD)
I have first saw this movie a very long time ago, as I was young I didn't pay much attention to the significance of many themes that this movie implies.

As I have grown older, I decided to watch it again, and I really liked it. Performance wise, I think it's one of Michelle Pfeiffer's finest movies, she really deserved that Academy Award for best actress!

The John F. Kennedy 60s era in which the movie has portrayed, was beautifully depicted through various elements, such as people's beliefs and perspectives at that time, especially the perception of racism (what is acceptable and what is not!).
Also, I really liked Michelle Pfeiffer's outfits, they really reflect the 60s elegance in fashion.

I recommend watching this movie, especially for those who are looking for an impressive, meaningful movie to watch with a flare of romance.