Profile for Angelsoft > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Our Iceberg is Melting: Changing and Succeeding Under Any Conditions
Our Iceberg is Melting: Changing and Succeeding Under Any Conditions

5.0 out of 5 stars Change management by stages, 8 Sep 2014
A light but nonetheless effective parable about managing change in a group. Not over-explained or patronising... thought-provoking for work in a range of contexts. And, to cap it all, entertaining!

Medical Identity Bracelet. Adult & Child Medical ID Wristband by Vital ID. 100% Waterproof. Tearproof Insert Card. Store Emergency Contacts, Medications, Next of Kin.
Price: £11.40 - £14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars more subtle than the bracelets: seems a decent product for price, 8 Sep 2014
Comfortable and easy to wear. I am concerned that medics might not easily access the slip since the material doesn't make movement of the paper easy, but if they know to look for it then I guess that's the biggest worry.

The Fortune of War: Aubrey/Maturin series, book 6
The Fortune of War: Aubrey/Maturin series, book 6

3.0 out of 5 stars Law of declining returns?, 1 Sep 2014
Maybe I have just read too many of these in quick succession but it seems that each book now is shorter and lighter... I am still in awe of the creation of Jack Aubrey and Stephen Maturin, but here they seem to do less and we seem to have more of the 'notes' at the end to fill space? Apparently there are as many books again in the series, but I confess this is probably the last one I will read. Jack and Stephen are victorious: a good enough place to stop!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2014 3:53 PM BST

The Mauritius Command: Aubrey/Maturin series, book 4
The Mauritius Command: Aubrey/Maturin series, book 4

4.0 out of 5 stars More adventures on the high seas, 22 Aug 2014
The author now figures we know Jack and the others and spends only a little time 'incidentally' reminding us. We spend time watching Jack develop as a person, becoming the Commodore more than the 'lad' of the earlier books. If you enjoyed the previous tales this one holds everything to develop your enjoyment further. I confess I am a little worried - I've just counted there are 17 more after this....

HMS Surprise: Aubrey/Maturin series, book 3
HMS Surprise: Aubrey/Maturin series, book 3

4.0 out of 5 stars A lively tale of derring-do, 13 Aug 2014
For those who watched Russell Crowe leaping around his ship, this will continue the tale with much more detail and texture. Jack remains a flawed but appealing individual and we learn more of the secretive layered Maturin. A well crafted tale.

The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)
The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars another rollicking adventure, 20 July 2014
This builds on the earlier book but you don't have to have read the first before this, really. It's very Dashiel Hammet and I always imagine someone like Bob Mitchum as Strike when I read.

It's a standard formula: Private Investigator explores a murder and finds what the Met can't. But in this I suspect the publishing world takes more of a bashing than the police, and it's some credit that they let this through!

Brisingr: Book Three (The Inheritance cycle)
Brisingr: Book Three (The Inheritance cycle)

5.0 out of 5 stars A strong continuation of the story, 22 Jun 2014
Kind of Lord of the Rings without quite so much palaver, this remains a rollicking adventure story with little fear of allowing some teenage awkwardness from the main character to let the reader empathise. Like Rowling, this write has the ability to write for quite an audience range!

Mocha Orange Flavoured Coffee (500g, Beans)
Mocha Orange Flavoured Coffee (500g, Beans)
Offered by Fresco Coffee

5.0 out of 5 stars For caffeine addicts, 17 Jun 2014
GORGEOUS. Smooth well balanced flavour and the latest of my favourites from the range produced by this seller. Working through the lot, one bag at a time...

Door Finger Plate x2 Clear
Door Finger Plate x2 Clear
Offered by diy falkirk

1.0 out of 5 stars Mortified, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Door Finger Plate x2 Clear
The packaging looks to be from Arkwright's hardware store in the 1970s and the packaging has no way protected the items - these are scratched to hell and since I've taken them out of the packaging to check how bad the marks are, there's no way I can return them. But I cannot put them on the doors either, so I'll be seeing if they can go to recycling, sighing, and spending more money on ones I can use. Avoid these unless it doesn't matter that they are scarred. And contact me first - you can have mine!

Eldest: Book Two (The Inheritance cycle)
Eldest: Book Two (The Inheritance cycle)

4.0 out of 5 stars Continuing the rollicking adventure, 8 Jun 2014
While I continue to bemoan the male-centric style of these books it is impossible not to like Eragon and the others, and to watch the tale unfold with a sense of anticipation. This continues the tale from Book 1 with no loss of momentum, and leaves you, sigh, downloading the next while you write its review...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6