Profile for Ms. M. E. Holland > Reviews

Content by Ms. M. E. Holland

Ms. M. E. Holland "Fisher fan" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Doctor Who - 50th Anniversary Collector's Edition [DVD]
Doctor Who - 50th Anniversary Collector's Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars I so wanted the Prom and the Five"(ish) doctors and now I am disappointed. Does someelse have a duplicate disc 4 which ..., 8 Sept. 2014
I have made arrangements for the return of the faulty set. I shall be sending it back today. I have got the replacement and I am happy with it. Some where out there someone might have two copies of Disc 4 . There was a limited number os sets. 4,000 Dvd sets and 6,000 Blu-ray sets. I have heard about sound quality problems on one of the Blu-ray versions of "The Day of the Doctor". Is there anyone reading this who has a disc with this problem. I am trying to help a fellow fan find out what is wrong . I don't know where he purchased his Blu-ray disc.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2014 7:30 AM BST

Cassell Dictionary of Regrettable Quotations
Cassell Dictionary of Regrettable Quotations
by David Milsted

5.0 out of 5 stars There is a wide range of subjects in this book., 30 Nov. 2012
The quotations from politicians , actors and sportsmen are fun to read and I think that the book has been very well researched. Some of the qoutations are very relevant today. I am thinking of a couple of quotations from the late Edward Heath. Everyone should read those.

A to Z of British (and Irish) Popular Culture
A to Z of British (and Irish) Popular Culture
by Trevor Montague

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 30 Nov. 2012
I have been amazed by this book. I have enjoyed lookiong up actors and actress's biographies. I collect autographs and I write biographical details on my subjects. This book is invaluable.

Cassell Dictionary of Catchphrases: 1200 Catchphrases and Their Origins (Cassell Reference)
by Nigel Rees

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing Catchphrase book, 30 Nov. 2012
This ia a fascinating book. I have had hours of fun reading it and I have learned things I never knew.

Doctor Who: Doctionary
Doctor Who: Doctionary
by Justin Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit of fun, 26 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Doctor Who: Doctionary (Hardcover)
I very much enjoyed the illustrations which are fun in this. I like a bit of humour and this book is a good addition to my "Dr Who" collection.

The Guinness Book of Sitcoms: Over 1000 Situation Comedies on British TV and Radio in the Last 60 Years
by Rod Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars A smashing little book!, 3 Aug. 2011
I enjoyed this little book greatly as I am interested in the history of television. The summaries were excellent and I found some information that I had been searching for for a long while. Any fan of comedies of the 20th century would love this!

The Guinness International Who's Who of Sport (Guinness sport)
The Guinness International Who's Who of Sport (Guinness sport)
by Peter Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating tales of sports stars of yesterday, 2 Nov. 2010
The Guinness books are always good but the book of International Who's Who of Sport is outstanding for quiz enthusiasts and sports fans. I have forgotten more sports stars than I thought! It is pure nostalgia.

Encyclopaedia of Antiques
Encyclopaedia of Antiques
by Arthur Negus

5.0 out of 5 stars A master class for antiques fans, 22 Sept. 2010
The Encyclopedia of Antiques, edited by Arthur Negus, is a wonderful introduction to the world of antiques. The chapters on glassware and furniture are particularly good. The writing has a flowing style and interest never waivers.

Who and Me
Who and Me
by Barry Letts
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Barry Letts was entertaining, 2 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Who and Me (Audio CD)
I loved this audio CD collection as Barry Letts was entertaining to listen to and I learned a lot about the making of Jon Pertwee's "Dr Who" serials. Wonderful.

Doctor Who The Journal Of Impossible Things
Doctor Who The Journal Of Impossible Things
Offered by Oyoo-fr

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine as a note book, 2 Jun. 2010
I had hoped that the writing in the book would be legible. There were spelling errors and I was disappointed. The plastic ring was disappointing too.

Page: 1 | 2