Profile for Gordon Brown > Reviews

Content by Gordon Brown

Gordon Brown (Ayrshire, Scotland)

TM024 TOOLMAN® 3/4" Rubber Walking Stick Ferrule - 4 Pack
TM024 TOOLMAN® 3/4" Rubber Walking Stick Ferrule - 4 Pack
Offered by Lifeswonderful - Comfort Mobility Wellbeing

5.0 out of 5 stars Good delivery time too, 21 May 2015
Product exactly as expected. Good delivery time too.

Ring RAC635 Preset Digital Air Compressor with LED Light, 12 V
Ring RAC635 Preset Digital Air Compressor with LED Light, 12 V

5.0 out of 5 stars ... reviews and I can honestly say I am very happy with the product, 5 Feb. 2015
Bought this after reading online reviews and I can honestly say I am very happy with the product. It is very compact and I like the way it is self-contained when packed away. Operation is very straightforward and although I haven't inflated a tyre from flat, it does appear to inflate quite quickly to get a soft tyre up to the correct pressure. I especially like the screw on valve, which I think is much more preferable to the clip on type with the small lever. All things considered, it is quite a sturdy unit, although the case is made of plastic, and it performs the way it is supposed to. No complaints at all.

2 x Shower Door Handles/ Knobs Stainless Steel High Quality K034
2 x Shower Door Handles/ Knobs Stainless Steel High Quality K034

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 7 Sept. 2014
Very well made. Solid stainless steel. Clear plastic washers included. Perfect!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong choice of mudguard, 14 July 2012
Bought these for my Viking hybrid bike, but they were totally unsuitable. This is not a fault of the product, but due to the fact that the rear gearshift cable runs down the back of the frame tube which the seat post goes into, so I was unable to click the front end of the rear mudguard round the tube. Obviously this was my own mistake, but they do look as though they would have been too short anyway, especially the rear one. They are also very narrow. My advice is, spend an extra few quid and get a set of Beavertails. They are a far superior product.

SKS Beavertail Front/Rear Clip On Pair Of Mudguards
SKS Beavertail Front/Rear Clip On Pair Of Mudguards

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit!, 14 July 2012
Just got these mudguards after buying a cheaper set which were totally unsuitable and probably too short.
These have only one fixing bolt which goes through the yoke between the front and rear forks. Really quick and easy to fit.
There is a metal bracket which slides into each mudguard, but I found that although they, sort of, click into place, the front one had some free play which would probably have resulted in an annoying rattle or vibration. Remedy was to bend the metal plate very slightly to create pressure on the mudguard once it was slipped in. Did the same with the back one too, just to make sure. They are both now solid with no play at all. Because there is only a single fixing point they will obviously flex a bit, but being plastic this is to be expected. My tyres are 700 x 40c and the rear mudguard looks easily long enough to catch any upward spray. The front one could maybe have been slightly longer, but they both follow the line of the tyres really well. They also look really good once fitted to the bike. All in all, quite a high quality product at a very reasonable price. Very happy, just wish I'd went for these first!

Panasonic TX-P37X10B 37-inch Widescreen HD Ready Plasma TV with Freeview
Panasonic TX-P37X10B 37-inch Widescreen HD Ready Plasma TV with Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant in every way!, 18 Aug. 2009
We've had our TX-P37X10B for around a month now and my wife and I are absolutely delighted with it.

It's our first Plasma and I chose this one after trawling through loads of customer and technical reviews.

We decided to go for HD ready instead of full HD as we're not big film buffs and don't have a Blu-Ray player or Sky HD, but I reckon HD will become available on Freeview at some point in the future.

The normal definition Freeview channels are amazingly clear and the colours are very vibrant. The sound quality is also excellent and the V-Audio Surround setting really makes a difference when watching movies.

A couple of technical reviews mentioned a lack of brightness, but I can only assume this is the usual hyper-critical, instrument based findings of sites who are intent on coming up with some kind of criticism for the sake of it. There is nothing wrong with the picture brightness whatsoever, in my opinion. In fact, I actually reduced the brightness from the factory default setting.

As someone else already said, don't spend any more time reading more reviews, go for this model. You won't be disappointed