5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars
OOP and Actionscript 2.0, 30 Oct 2005
First of all, Colin makes this book an extension for his exploration of Flash Programming after his book ActionScript for Flash MX The Definitive Guide, which explain the ActionScript Fundamentals but Essential ActionScript 2.0 focuses almost exclusively on the Object-Oriented Programming aspects (in) ActionScript.
The book is divided to three main sections:-
1. Part I: The ActionsScript 2.0 language: discusses the theory of OOP in general, and itsimplementation in Action Script in particular. Colin really is great in clarifying the concepts in a simple manner with examples.
2. Part II: Application Development: discusses the concepts for the practical application, which is covered in the first section with examples describe the process of designing and deploying and object-oriented application.
3. Part II: Design Pattern Examples: Colin means by that how to apply OOP strategies to a many approaches to various programming situations in Macromedia Flash.
· New to OOP Programmers will learn the basics and how to apply it.
· Familiar with OOP Programmers will gain experience with Flash-based OOP.
· Experienced Flash developers and programmers coming from other languages will enjoy the deep coverage and expertise in Essential ActionScript 2.0.
Finally and in sum, this book reviews the Object-Oriented definite structures in ActionScript 2.0 realistically to get benefit from applying these concepts through the abstract theory and the practical tips.