Profile for Ferret > Reviews

Content by Ferret

Ferret (UK)

Blog of a Bully
Blog of a Bully

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, funny and a realistic read for youngsters., 23 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Blog of a Bully (Kindle Edition)
This story had my son and myself in stitches from the start. Full of humour, as you are invited to read Bradley's blog after his move to Texas.
My son particularly liked how Bradley got himself a bad reputation at his new school, it seemed so reasonble at the time! The simple illustrations fit the book really well, and add to the overall feel of the blog type setting of the story.
We've been laughing along so much that my daughter now wants to read it too!
This one comes highly recommended.

Gabriel the Goldfish
Gabriel the Goldfish

4.0 out of 5 stars The kids liked this., 17 July 2012
I read this to the kids and they liked the whole idea of a fish missing its keeper.
It had some amusing thoughts, was cute in places (especially not wanting the coin to fall in his bowl!) and kept us entertained for a couple of nights.
I can see us reading this a few times. Shame there's no pictures.

Nation
Nation
by Terry Pratchett

4.0 out of 5 stars Moving, thought-provoking and entertaining., 17 July 2012
This review is from: Nation (Paperback)
I felt myself fall into this book. It's a moving, thought-provoking storyline that gets your imagination working overtime. Fabulous, solid characters that entertain and amuse.
This one goes on my favourites shelf.

Willie Learns A Lesson
Willie Learns A Lesson

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, lovable character!, 29 Feb. 2012
Willie the little fish is a cute, lovable character in this nicely paced story.
The author has created a believable scenario that plays through to a happy ending.
I like the little fish sketches that add to the enjoyment.
Especially the crab!

Black Beauty
Black Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Good traditional story., 16 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Black Beauty (Kindle Edition)
Good traditional story with plenty of drama thrown in. Lots of descriptions of the era.
A light pleasure to read.