Profile for avenellle > Reviews

Perfect
Perfect
by Rachel Joyce

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Perfect (Paperback)
I really savoured this book. Both sad and amusing in places it keeps you gripped throughout, one of the few books that kept me reading it for hours on end I so wanted to know what happened next to each of the characters. I've just started another of Joyce's books but can't imagine it will be as good as this one. Sad as it was. Excellent.

Olay Total Effects Moisturiser Eye Transforming Cream
Olay Total Effects Moisturiser Eye Transforming Cream
Offered by FragrancesCosmeticsPerfumes

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work., 27 Feb 2014
I've tried a few eye creams and this is the worst when it comes to making the eye area look younger, smoother, brighter. Just a simple potion (calling it a moisturiser is giving it too much credit) with a vague feeling of it being a concealer and a bit of sparkle. Did absolutely nothing for me. I don't really have wrinkles but do have dry skin that needs moisture added, and dark circles under my eyes in Winter. Back to the drawing board for a simple and effective eye cream. If you know of any - please share with the rest of us!

Parisian Chic: A Style Guide by Ines de la Fressange
Parisian Chic: A Style Guide by Ines de la Fressange
by Ines de La Fressange

2.0 out of 5 stars There are better, 27 Feb 2014
This book is basically a few pictures of her daughter and a whole lot of info on Parisienne shops. It's ok. But I wouldn't recommend it if I am honest. I read it, or should I say flicked through it after a few pages and wasn't inspired. There are far berry books available on this subject of the mystery and beauty of French women.

Etcetera
Etcetera
by Sibella Court

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Stunning, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Etcetera (Hardcover)
This is probably the best interiors book I own. A must for anyone who loves colour and hates magnolia. I will never get bored of looking into this delightful book. Very clever styling and full of ideas.

Vero Moda Hills 2/4 Women's Top Snow White Small
Vero Moda Hills 2/4 Women's Top Snow White Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, 1 Feb 2014
You take a risk ordering clothes on line and I'd say this is on the large side of small. I'm a size 8/10 and have a small frame and this blouse is a bit slip slidey on my shoulders. Nice item though, worth the money paid. It's an off-white colour too.

Amsterdam: Made By Hand
Amsterdam: Made By Hand
by Pia Bijkerk

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful little book, 1 Feb 2014
I bought this as I not only love photography but was soon to be off to Amsterdam. Fills both camps and helped me source particular places to see and to get the feel or Amsterdam. Makes a perfect memento too.

Kobwa(TM) Black Cute Cat Key Chain/Kitten Key Ring/Bag Ornament With Bell With Keyring
Offered by eFuture.SR

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and great value, 1 Feb 2014
My daughter loved this, typically the cheapest of all her Christmas presents! Larger than expected and a great item for you or as a gift.

The Life & Love of Trees: He who plants a tree, plants a hope
The Life & Love of Trees: He who plants a tree, plants a hope
by Lewis Blackwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 5 Jan 2014
A really stunning book for artists and those who appreciate nature alike. Worth the money absolutely. Just gorgeous to use for inspiration or just a dip in and out book.

The Very Best of Marvin Gaye
The Very Best of Marvin Gaye

1.0 out of 5 stars Dud, 5 Jan 2014
Had to return my CD as there was no sound. May have been a one-off, granted. Shame as I love his music.

I Am The Secret Footballer: Lifting the Lid on the Beautiful Game
I Am The Secret Footballer: Lifting the Lid on the Beautiful Game
by Secret Footballer

1.0 out of 5 stars Get the gist in The Guardian, 5 Jan 2014
I bought this on the back of the series in The Guardian. I think I gained as much from that, as the book, which I stopped reading at some point. That aside, I think this is a Journalist writing about stories he's heard, not a footballer's personal experience. If you know different - name and shame!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3