Profile for Treehorn > Reviews

Hot Topic Ac/Dc Original High Voltage Logo T-Shirt Size : Medium - Black
Hot Topic Ac/Dc Original High Voltage Logo T-Shirt Size : Medium - Black
Offered by Ill Rock Merch

1.0 out of 5 stars £10 for standard postage!, 14 Aug 2014
Was about to submit my order, until I saw that the prohibitive cost of postage...

450Hz Diablo Pro S Light Weight Metal - Gold
450Hz Diablo Pro S Light Weight Metal - Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars The finest powerball there is., 16 Oct 2013
I've had my Diablo for a few months now. I have several others- a few plastic ones and the older model of the heavier metal powerball, and have used them regularly for over five years. I use them to keep RSI at bay and they have solved a lot of problems for me.

The Diablo is beautifully engineered. Slightly smaller and lighter than the plastic powerballs, it also spins faster and smoother. I can get around 12000 rpm out of a plastic powerball but have so far got this one up to over 15000. The outer shell is a gold coloured metal and the rotor is silver, though I'm not sure what either is made of.

If you're new to powerballs I would recommend buying a plastic model to get to grips with (most are less than £20). If you are an enthusiast you will want to add this to your collection.

The lightweight Diablo comes in a see through plastic display case. This is the only thing I'm not totally sold on. The display case for the heavyweight ball I have is really solid. This case is a bit flimsy by comparison- feels like it could break if you dropped it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2013 2:46 AM GMT

Powerball Carry Case and Strap
Powerball Carry Case and Strap

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty product, 16 April 2012
Unfortunately when I received this, the zip did not close properly (with or without a powerball inside). It would stay zipped up to a point but then the teeth of the zip would not close and from there the zip works itself open. Refund requested. Looks pretty cheaply made and I don't think this is an official accessory from NSD.

Coconoil - Original Virgin Coconut Oil - 3 x 460g (Triple Pack)
Coconoil - Original Virgin Coconut Oil - 3 x 460g (Triple Pack)
Offered by Beauty Store Uk

2.0 out of 5 stars I've had better., 13 Feb 2012
This oil is fine for frying, or rubbing into your skin. However, I like my coconut oil in place of butter on toast or in a sandwich. As this oil was significantly cheaper than the Viridian coconut oil I had bought before, I thought I'd give it a go.

While it is cheaper, it is nowhere near as nice to eat. This oil doesn't smell much of coconut and doesn't have a particularly nice taste. I notice that this stuff isn't organic and Coconoil also make organic oil. I don't know if this makes a difference to flavour but in future I'll be going back to Viridian, which is organic. (See link below)

100% Organic Raw Coconut Oil 500gm

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Have patience, you'll get it right in the end, 8 Nov 2011
I went for this for my new 4s after originally having a cheap protector for my 3gs. The old protector always had bubbles and annoyed me so much that I took it off and didn't bother with one at all, ending up with a badly scratched screen.

Ordering my 4s I thought I'd try and take better care of this one. Wasn't sure about the Expert Shield initially as you only get one protector (front and back, admittedly, but only one of each) so if you mess it up I assumed I'd have to get another one and they aren't cheap for what you get.

I watched the video and read the instructions carefully. Had a few pans of boiling water on the hob to steam the place up a bit to dampen down any dust. Unfortunately I did get a few bits of dust stuck when I applied the Expert Shield. Tried to lift them off with Sellotape and just ended up getting more dust. It does get frustrating, what with keeping a steady hand and mucking around with tape. What I didn't realise is that you can use the sellotape on the protector itself, if the dust sticks to the plastic as opposed to the screen. The video on their website shows a perfect application with no dust, I think it'd be more useful to show what happens when it doesn't go smoothly.

Anyway all in all a good product. Seems very tough and resilient.

Powerball Signature Series 250Hz
Powerball Signature Series 250Hz
Offered by Powerspin

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my career, 23 Jun 2009
I bought this last year when suffering from RSI/tendonitis in my left arm; I am a viola player in a professional orchestra and for 6 months prior to using a powerball my forearm in particular constantly ached and felt tired. It throbbed from the moment I woke up to going to sleep.

I tried sports massage, stretches and ibuprofen cooling gel, all of which helped a little but never sorted the problem. Then I saw the powerball on Amazon and thought I'd give it a shot; it seemed relatively inexpensive for the testimonials it was getting.

I noticed a difference the day after I started using it. When I woke up my arm felt fine, and within just a few days all symptoms which had been there for months disappeared. After over a year I still use it regularly and have had no problems since. I swear by it.

This model is great, I love the lights. My advice is not to buy the Screamer model unless you want to annoy all those around you. This isn't silent but the screamer will aggravate your tinnitus once you get it going!