Profile for Cathy T > Reviews

Content by Cathy T

Cathy T

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The World At War: The Ultimate Restored 40th Anniversary Edition [Blu-ray] [1973] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Peter Tiffin

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - a classic, 19 Feb. 2014
This product arrived quickly. I have watched most of it. It is so informative, and an absolute classic. I find the use of old film fascinating, and it is easy to follow the progress of events.

Felt Floor Cups/Castors (16 x Light Wood LARGE 60mm) - PROTECT your Wood Laminate, Wooden, Tile & Lino Floors from Scratches
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful product, 19 Feb. 2014
I am using these to protect my wooden floor, and to stop my sofa sliding when you sit on it. So far, so good. I can still move the furniture by sliding, but the castors on the sofa no longer slide dramatically if someone sits down. I am also using the castors on my coffee table, and a side table.

The Great War - BBC Series 6 Disc Boxset [DVD]
The Great War - BBC Series 6 Disc Boxset [DVD]
Dvd ~ michael redgrave
Offered by cult_stores_ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - a classic, 19 Feb. 2014
This arrived promptly. I can't claim to have watched all of it, but the parts I have watched are excellent. It is a classic, and very relevant this year (the 100th anniversary of the start of the war).

Good Bye Lenin! [DVD] [2002]
Good Bye Lenin! [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Daniel Bruhl
Offered by MusicnMedia

4.0 out of 5 stars Good film, 19 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Good Bye Lenin! [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
The DVD arrived promptly, and the quality is reasonable. The sub-titles are easy to use. The film is quite charming, and I will be using it to improve my spoken German, so will watch is numerous times.

Schritte International: Kursbuch Und Arbeitsbuch 4 MIT CD Zum Arbeitsbuch
Schritte International: Kursbuch Und Arbeitsbuch 4 MIT CD Zum Arbeitsbuch
by Daniela Niebisch

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy service, good book, 19 Feb. 2014
This book arrived remarkably quickly. It is the book that our teacher is using this year on our German course. We have been using it for a few weeks, and I find it very good. It is a follow-on to previous books in the series, although it could be used as a stand-alone for intermediate learners. There are some interesting articles, as well as exercises with plenty of illustrations, and a CD to listen to, which comes with the book.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 29 Dec. 2013
This item is as described. It came promptly, and works fine in my Miele Cat & Dog vacuum cleaner. I would recommend.

Killing the Shadows
Killing the Shadows
by Val McDermid

2.0 out of 5 stars Ludicrous, 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Killing the Shadows (Paperback)
This was the first Val McDermid book I have ever read, and I will not be rushing to read another. It has to be said that it is a page-turner, but the plot is ludicrous, and full of holes. The crimes are also extremely gory. Our heroine is a supposedly top-flight crime profiler, and her boyfriend is a best-selling crime thriller writer. Yet neither of them prevents an attack which is entirely predictable, which they fail to take common-sense steps to avoid. In addition, the motive propelling the main serial killer in this book (there are no fewer than three) is laughable and unbelievable. Also, as others have commented, the finale to the book seems rushed, and is certainly unsatisfactory. This is not a clever book, and one of the murders described is quite sickening. I will try another author next time.

Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0)
Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good speakers, 1 Dec. 2013
I bought these some time ago, as the speakers on my new Acer computer were so weedy. The speakers are efficient, and good when I want to watch a television programme via my computer. The on/off switch is also useful, as I can turn the speakers off without having to unplug them (e.g. when using the computer late at night).

Silk Neck Scarf with Bright Pink Spots - 50cm square
Silk Neck Scarf with Bright Pink Spots - 50cm square
Offered by Sassy You

4.0 out of 5 stars Fills a gap in my wardrobe, 1 Dec. 2013
This is a nice shape for a scarf, and the colours go with a number of things I have. The silk is not top quality, but I did not expect that for the price.

Tepe Interdental Brush Soft Purple 8 Pack [Personal Care]
Tepe Interdental Brush Soft Purple 8 Pack [Personal Care]
Offered by Inter-Dentals

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and soft, 1 Dec. 2013
This is the soft version of the Tepe brush. It is nice and soft, and I think it is just as efficient as the harder version. However, I wish Tepe brushes were not so expensive!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6