Profile for Mike France > Reviews

Naty by Nature Babycare 8-15 Kg Size 4 Eco Pull On Pants - Pack of 22
Price: 6.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good design - wrong 'target audience'?, 13 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got these for when our granddaughter comes to stay with us. I have been searching for a green alternative in nappies for some time, but didn't fancy washing soiled re-usable ones. Usually green alternatives for things don't live up to the other non-green versions, so I wasn't expecting much.

Having now used these several times, I can confirm that they are as good as the mainstream brands. To date there have been no leakages from 1's or more importantly 2's. Our granddaughter is an active 18 month old, who is constantly on the move climbing and exploring. These do not hinder her movement, and hold everything in well. I am also finding that I am using the same number of nappies a day, as I was in the other brands. So there has been no compromise in any areas.

We have found them to fit well and from her perspective, appear to be comfortable - i.e. we have received no complaining noises!I would recommend these, as they are as good as any other brand of nappie, but give you the piece of mind that they won't still be here in hundreds of years time.

However, the sizing does seem somewhat at odds with the design brief of suitable for potty training. I suspect very few children, if any, in this size range are in the process of potty training. This also negates the benefits of the pull-on design and like other users comments, we find pulling them off can be messy on occasions.

My last issue is the price; these are expensive compared to other disposable nappies currently on the market, particularly if you have no need for the pull-on aspect at this time.

Philips Disney Minnie Mouse Children's Table Lamp - 1 x 4 W Integrated LED
Philips Disney Minnie Mouse Children's Table Lamp - 1 x 4 W Integrated LED
Price: 34.91

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not worth the money., 13 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my eighteen month old granddaughter who really seems to like it, even though I don't think she knows who the character is. However, whilst the lamp is great for reading bedtime stories, I think it is a little too bright for a night light and I don't think it is worth anywhere near the asking price.

It is 100% plastic and whilst this may be fine from a safety perspective it feels cheap and a more realistic price would be under 20.

Ultrasport Men's Biking Pant - Black/Victoria Blue, Large
Ultrasport Men's Biking Pant - Black/Victoria Blue, Large
Price: 15.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Saddle comfort, 25 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very good value for money, if you can buy them at the discounted prices. These shorts are certainly comparable to those of other brands that I own. They fit well, are comfortable to wear with grip bands holding them in place on your legs. Importantly, the padding in the crutch is as effective as one could wish for!

The makers provide a small pocket which is very limited in capacity, just a key or a couple of coins can be held. A pity something a little larger is not provided. I have washed them and they certainly dry very quickly as claimed, retaining their appearance afterwards. They are certainly as smart as any of these pants are.

The Undertaking
The Undertaking
by Audrey Magee
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Sobering., 8 July 2014
This review is from: The Undertaking (Hardcover)
A forbidding tale illustrating life in Nazi Germany from an unfamiliar angle.

Well written, this dark story portrays the life of a family of party members in Berlin, the daughter of whom participates in a state sponsored 'proxy' marriage with a soldier serving on the Eastern Front. Moving from the heady days of the beginning of 'Operation Barbarossa' to the rolling up of the German Army by the Soviets and the growth of the allied bombing campaign, the story depicts their lives on the Home and Eastern Fronts.

With survival a pre-occupation, morals decline and eventually, when too late, disillusionment sets in. A graphic illustration of the reactions of human beings in situations the like of which we have never known.

Pegasus Health Salmon Oil for dogs 1 Litre
Pegasus Health Salmon Oil for dogs 1 Litre
Price: 18.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Our dogs love it., 8 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have fed fish oils to our dogs for many years now, a tablespoon administered with their early morning biscuit. Our dogs have always been HPR's of one breed or another, extremely active and hard working dogs. Maybe we've been lucky but all have previously lived to good ages without problems in their joints. Our current German Shorthaired Pointers are 11 and 5.

Sometimes, our dogs get a bit 'sniffy' about the oil and prefer to take their biscuit without it, in which case I have disguised it in their main feed. This Salmon oil however has so far not had any deterrent effect, in fact the dogs have relished it, as they do when we give them odd scraps of salmon leftovers. I also like the handy dispenser on top of the bottle which saves me the trouble of measuring it out in a spoon.

Joints apart, another reason for feeding fish oils is that it does enhance their coats and this salmon oil will certainly do the same. It is relatively expensive compared to bulk cod liver oil but if your dogs love it as ours seem to, it might be worth the expense. Certainly for smaller dogs, needing less, it is probably a good buy if only for the convenient format.

Rapesco X5-90PS Less Effort Heavy Duty Stapler
Rapesco X5-90PS Less Effort Heavy Duty Stapler
Price: 34.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough enough for most jobs, 27 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you have the need to frequently staple large amounts of paper together, this is the product for you.

Easy to use, it makes light work of stapling large numbers of sheets together. We're just in the process of moving house and the large amounts of documentation received are easy to bind together; the largest I've needed to staple so far has been 63 sheets and it accomplished this with ease.

There is a drawback however; you do need to have a lightweight stapler for the smaller jobs as the staples used in this machine are clearly larger than the norm and poke through small numbers of pages.

Tough and well made, good value particularly for office use.

Gorilla Tape 11m
Gorilla Tape 11m
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough as old boots, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Gorilla Tape 11m (DIY & Tools)
Where other so-called heavy duty tapes fail, this doesn't. If you want to be sure that the tape you are using won't peel off or split, this is the stuff to buy.

Philomena [DVD]
Philomena [DVD]
Dvd ~ Judi Dench
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A sad, fascinating story brought to life......, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Philomena [DVD] (DVD)
...by the supreme acting skills of Dench and Coogan.

This is an uncomfortable tale that fills you with rage but nevertheless the goodness of Philomena shines through and does illustrate that despite all, some people just have incredibly warm-hearts and forgiveness. Not to be missed. Let's hope the Pope watches this too.

Rapesco Heavy Duty Punch, Hole Punch, P1100
Rapesco Heavy Duty Punch, Hole Punch, P1100
Price: 45.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Serious bit of kit, 30 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like other reviewers, we have over the years purchased other so called heavy duty punches only to find that they have clogged up, broken or simply failed to do the work required. This one is exactly what it claims to be, a Heavy Duty Punch.

Heavy and robust the thing feels like it is built for a lifetimes use. It's not cheap but then quality usually never is. Whether for office or heavy home use, this is a worthwhile buy.

Pampers New Baby Sensitive 1 (Newborn) - (Pack of 39)
Pampers New Baby Sensitive 1 (Newborn) - (Pack of 39)
Price: 6.77

5.0 out of 5 stars They do the job., 5 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As you would expect from any Pampers product, a name synonymous with nappies, these are excellent and do exactly what they are designed to do.

They fit well, absorb well and appear to cause no discomfort or irritation. You can buy cheaper, but arguably not better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11