Profile for R. Davies > Reviews

Content by R. Davies

R. Davies (Midlands, UK)

An Echo in the Bone (Outlander 7)
An Echo in the Bone (Outlander 7)
by Diana Gabaldon

1.0 out of 5 stars I like a cliffhanger - but...., 26 Jan 2010
As a great fan of the whole Outlander series, having read the books more than once, I was super excited to get Echo in the Bone. However, having read it, I am more disappointed than I have been with any book in a long time.

The story seemed very disjointed with "additional characters" entering but not being given enough page space to become real, and others, like Lord John (who has his own series, which is written more recently) getting far too much space. Though even this would have been ok, if his story actually made sense - not wanting to spoil it for all you who haven't read the book, but what was he doing - maybe I dozed off and missed the one paragraph of text which explained his part in the book.

Cliffhangers - well I feel a little abused, I have all the other books and would happily have bought the next one, I didn't need to feel that I had to because this was only half a book. It ended and I honestly went looking for the rest of it, as it just didn't seem finished, did the publishers split what should be a fantastic book into two?

For the sake of the series, I would say keep reading, but as a book on it's own, well I doubt it would convince anyone to read the others.