Profile for P. Ashley > Reviews

Content by P. Ashley

P. Ashley "aka trisha ashley" (Conwy United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
The Enemy of the Good
The Enemy of the Good
by Michael Arditti

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, thought provoking., 4 April 2012
This review is from: The Enemy of the Good (Paperback)
I am not going to attempt to review this novel: others have already done so at great length and very eloquently. No, I simply wanted to add my handful of stars to the constellation of accolades for this brilliant and thought-provoking novel.

Daughters
Daughters
by Elizabeth Buchan

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite so far, 28 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Daughters (Paperback)
I am a fan of Elizabeth Buchan's novels, loving her keen observations on the nuances of modern lives and the intricacies of contemporary relationships. Nothing is ever black or white as we come to understand what has shaped the various characters and why they behave as they do. I found this hard to put down, and it is my favourte so far.

William Armes Ios Red Runner, 180 x 67 cm
William Armes Ios Red Runner, 180 x 67 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 24 Feb. 2012
I have ordered more of these - they are a lovely bright colour, stay put on my laminate floors and are tough enough to stand up to muddy border collie feet. Excellent.

The Captain's Daughter
The Captain's Daughter
by Leah Fleming

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning novel, 27 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Captain's Daughter (Hardcover)
I really didn't want to put this book down at any point. I agreed with the first reviewer about the brilliance of the book, the believable characters and intricate weaving of the story lines, but was more than happy that the actual sinking of the Titanic was dealt with right at the start, because the book is about the aftermath: I think we have all had overkill on the actual sinking istelf.
This would make the most wonderful film or TV series.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely gothy gift, 24 Jan. 2012
I bought these as a Christmas gift and I thought they were very pretty and excellent value: the recipient was delighted.

The Very Picture of You
The Very Picture of You
by Isabel Wolff

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read., 21 Jan. 2012
Nothing is black and white about Isabel's characters - they are flawed and human - so observing the nuances of light and shade as illumination was cast on dark old secrets was very pleasurable.

Wrapped Up In You
Wrapped Up In You
by Carole Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightfully different, 12 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Wrapped Up In You (Paperback)
Carole kept me guessing the outcome almost to the very end in this delightfully different story. Memorable characters and I loved all the Masai Mara details too, which brought the setting to life. Brilliant - found it hard to put down.

The Betrayal of Trust: Simon Serrailler Book 6 (Simon Serrailler 6)
The Betrayal of Trust: Simon Serrailler Book 6 (Simon Serrailler 6)
by Susan Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant Serailler novel!, 10 Oct. 2011
I have all the previous Serailler novels, firm favourites to be re-read over again, so I waited impatiently for the latest one to arrive. But it was well worth the wait - the intricacies of the relationships, the delicate, moving portrayal of the effects of Cat's widowhood and above all, the strong sense of place - all these drew me in, so that I could hardly bear to put the book down.

Why Do Fools Fall In Love?
Why Do Fools Fall In Love?

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 26 Aug. 2011
Louise Marley writes funny, quirky books with lively heroines - I'm so glad to see this one is now available on Kindle!

Drowning Rose
Drowning Rose
by Marika Cobbold

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky and brilliant, 15 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Drowning Rose (Paperback)
I hadn't got time to read this book, I was saving as a treat. I only picked it up yesterday evening to glance at the first few lines... Then of course I was hooked and couldn't put it down, staying up late into the night to finish it. Another quirkily brilliant read from Marika - all her books are very different, but all witty, poignant and funny - and this one didn't disappoint. Memorable characters, admirable scene-setting and atmosphere..wonderful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9