Profile for P. Ashley > Reviews

Content by P. Ashley

P. Ashley "aka trisha ashley" (Conwy United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Very Picture of You
The Very Picture of You
by Isabel Wolff
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read., 21 Jan 2012
Nothing is black and white about Isabel's characters - they are flawed and human - so observing the nuances of light and shade as illumination was cast on dark old secrets was very pleasurable.

Wrapped Up In You
Wrapped Up In You
by Carole Matthews
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightfully different, 12 Jan 2012
This review is from: Wrapped Up In You (Paperback)
Carole kept me guessing the outcome almost to the very end in this delightfully different story. Memorable characters and I loved all the Masai Mara details too, which brought the setting to life. Brilliant - found it hard to put down.

The Betrayal of Trust: Simon Serrailler Book 6 (Simon Serrailler 6)
The Betrayal of Trust: Simon Serrailler Book 6 (Simon Serrailler 6)
by Susan Hill
Price: 12.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant Serailler novel!, 10 Oct 2011
I have all the previous Serailler novels, firm favourites to be re-read over again, so I waited impatiently for the latest one to arrive. But it was well worth the wait - the intricacies of the relationships, the delicate, moving portrayal of the effects of Cat's widowhood and above all, the strong sense of place - all these drew me in, so that I could hardly bear to put the book down.

Why Do Fools Fall In Love?
Why Do Fools Fall In Love?
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 26 Aug 2011
Louise Marley writes funny, quirky books with lively heroines - I'm so glad to see this one is now available on Kindle!

Drowning Rose
Drowning Rose
by Marika Cobbold
Price: 10.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky and brilliant, 15 Aug 2011
This review is from: Drowning Rose (Paperback)
I hadn't got time to read this book, I was saving as a treat. I only picked it up yesterday evening to glance at the first few lines... Then of course I was hooked and couldn't put it down, staying up late into the night to finish it. Another quirkily brilliant read from Marika - all her books are very different, but all witty, poignant and funny - and this one didn't disappoint. Memorable characters, admirable scene-setting and atmosphere..wonderful.

To Touch the Stars
To Touch the Stars
by Jessica Ruston
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling reading, 2 April 2011
This review is from: To Touch the Stars (Paperback)
Wonderfully written and with many memorable characters, this novel held me enthralled through every twist and turn right to the very end.

LATEST MODEL STM100CREN SWAN TEASMADE & ALARM CLOCK IN CREAM
LATEST MODEL STM100CREN SWAN TEASMADE & ALARM CLOCK IN CREAM

4.0 out of 5 stars Prefer the original, but adequate, 27 Mar 2011
This certainly works, but can't possibly have been road-tested by a typical user because it has some design problems that quickly show up in use. For instance, I would have sacrificed some of the artily curved lines in favour of a useful flat tray top to the hinged lid, like my old one had,and the reading light is at one end and so does not cast enough light in the right place to read by. (So just describe it is 'integral light', instead, okay?) The machine is also so much lighter than my previous one that pressing any of the buttons sends it sliding across the bedside table, rather than clicking them on or off. And why on earth is the clock face bright electric blue? I have never in my life seen a bedroom in which that colour wouldn't clash hideously with the decor and I loathe it.However, the machine will boil the water for my morning mug of coffee,which is the task I bought it for and I expect in a year or two I will hardly notice my room is lit by the unearthly blue glow of a Martian Dawn.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2013 2:20 PM BST

Daffodil Girls: Stories of love, loss and friendship from the women behind our heroes
by Kitty Dimbleby
Price: 10.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought-provoking, 22 Mar 2011
Before I read Daffodil Girls this was not a subject I had given a lot of thought to, and I found it immensely moving and thought-provoking.

The Magic Apple Tree: A Country Year
The Magic Apple Tree: A Country Year
by Susan Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic, 8 Feb 2011
My copy of this had gone missing so I bought a new one so I could reread it: it is such a lovely book, even better than I remembered, charting village life over the course of a year.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Traditional style, 27 Dec 2010
These look like traditional style flat tinplate tree decorations, exactly what I was looking for. I wasn't keen on the hairy string loops to hang them by, but those could be easily replaced with ribbon or a silver cord.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7