Profile for P. Ashley > Reviews

Content by P. Ashley

P. Ashley "aka trisha ashley" (Conwy United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
MARINE BLUE VELOUR KAFTAN (EX LARGE UK 20-22)
MARINE BLUE VELOUR KAFTAN (EX LARGE UK 20-22)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 2 Nov 2012
I got a bigger size because I wanted a warm, comfortable lounging robe, and this fits the bill perfectly. It's well made, with a sturdy full length zip and a deep Jedi sort of hood that's perfect for scaring cold callers when you answer the door.

A Rival Creation: Reissued
A Rival Creation: Reissued
by Marika Cobbold
Price: 7.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 22 Aug 2012
Funny, quirky, thought-provoking, sad - completely brilliant. So clever the way the author has turned the usual rags-to-riches concept of the struggling author who eventually attains success on its head.

Far From My Father's House
Far From My Father's House
by Jill McGivering
Price: 9.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Aug 2012
If anything, I thought this was even more brilliant than her last book. It is wonderfull how the author can make me see, understand and sympathise with a totally alien viewpoint, but it was also good to see more of her journalist character, Ellen. I could hardly bear to put this book down.

The Last Kestrel
The Last Kestrel
by Jill McGivering
Price: 10.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtful, sensitive, but unsentimental, 19 July 2012
This review is from: The Last Kestrel (Paperback)
This is an excellent book and I know I am going to carry on thinking about the characters and issues in it for a very long time to come. I understood why the characters behaved as they did, I felt as if I were there, every scary step of the way. What more can I say? Read it!

An Escapade and an Engagement (Mills & Boon Historical)
An Escapade and an Engagement (Mills & Boon Historical)
by Annie Burrows
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Regency romp, 6 July 2012
Another well written Regency romp from this author - engaging characters, authentic settings and lively action. Lovers of the genre need look no further for a good read.

The Enemy of the Good
The Enemy of the Good
by Michael Arditti
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, thought provoking., 4 April 2012
This review is from: The Enemy of the Good (Paperback)
I am not going to attempt to review this novel: others have already done so at great length and very eloquently. No, I simply wanted to add my handful of stars to the constellation of accolades for this brilliant and thought-provoking novel.

Daughters
Daughters
by Elizabeth Buchan
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite so far, 28 Feb 2012
This review is from: Daughters (Paperback)
I am a fan of Elizabeth Buchan's novels, loving her keen observations on the nuances of modern lives and the intricacies of contemporary relationships. Nothing is ever black or white as we come to understand what has shaped the various characters and why they behave as they do. I found this hard to put down, and it is my favourte so far.

William Armes Ios Red Runner, 180 x 67 cm
William Armes Ios Red Runner, 180 x 67 cm
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 24 Feb 2012
I have ordered more of these - they are a lovely bright colour, stay put on my laminate floors and are tough enough to stand up to muddy border collie feet. Excellent.

The Captain's Daughter
The Captain's Daughter
by Leah Fleming
Price: 8.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning novel, 27 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Captain's Daughter (Hardcover)
I really didn't want to put this book down at any point. I agreed with the first reviewer about the brilliance of the book, the believable characters and intricate weaving of the story lines, but was more than happy that the actual sinking of the Titanic was dealt with right at the start, because the book is about the aftermath: I think we have all had overkill on the actual sinking istelf.
This would make the most wonderful film or TV series.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely gothy gift, 24 Jan 2012
I bought these as a Christmas gift and I thought they were very pretty and excellent value: the recipient was delighted.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7