Profile for P. Ashley > Reviews

Content by P. Ashley

P. Ashley "aka trisha ashley" (Conwy United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Ghostwritten
Ghostwritten
by Isabel Wolff
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and poignant, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Ghostwritten (Paperback)
I saved this book for a long train journey and really, I didn't want to stop reading and get off the train! The novel is a departure for the author's usual novels and the way the lives of the two main characters echoed each other, and finally brought about some kind of release from blame and resolution, was masterly.

The Fall and Rise of Lucy Charlton
The Fall and Rise of Lucy Charlton
Price: 1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant read from an author at the top of her game, 28 Feb 2014
This is classic Elizabeth Gill, but as always there are new elements, new twists and turns, to keep me enthralled. Well researched and believably set in its place and time, Lucy Charlton is a heroine we can all sympathise with and root for.

Yellow Addis Washing Up Bowl
Yellow Addis Washing Up Bowl
Offered by FINE STAR
Price: 8.28

2.0 out of 5 stars Different shade of yellow, 5 Jan 2014
I bought the yellow Addis dishrack, which was the deep banana yellow I wanted and assumed that an Addis yellow washing up bowl would be the same shade. However, it is a pale lemon colour.

Through the Kitchen Window
Through the Kitchen Window
by Susan Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 31 Oct 2013
I have long had this book on my shelves and wanted to give copies to two friends. It appears to be out of print, which is a great pity, so I had to source it used. It's a wonderful mix of seasonal anecdotes, recipes and illustrations.

Blue Bird Bookplate
Blue Bird Bookplate
by New Holland (Edt)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Blue Bird Bookplate (Paperback)
These were just what I wanted - pretty with subtle colouring and plenty of room to write on underneath. I hope they still produce them when I want more.

Black Spotty Shopping Trolley
Black Spotty Shopping Trolley
Offered by Bergs Designs
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 21 Sep 2013
Well made and attractive, it's also fairly quiet. This is my frist ever shpping trolley and I thought this one looked quite trendy and cute.

DISHONOUR
DISHONOUR
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: DISHONOUR (Kindle Edition)
This is not a genre I usually read, being a wuss when it comes to violence, but this story of two different cultures with their own ideas of what constitutes honour and respect colliding was so gripping I literally couldn't put it down.

Charton Minster Trilogy (Choc Lit)
Charton Minster Trilogy (Choc Lit)
Price: 3.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping trilogy, 12 Aug 2013
I find Margaret James' writing in this trilogy as compelling as ever, with strong, believable characters and gritty descriptions of the war that pull no punches. It would make an admirable TV series or film.

Make Your Own Soda: 75 Recipes for Fresh, All-Natural Pop, Floats, Cocktails, and More
by Anton Nocito
Price: 9.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 11 Aug 2013
After a gap of some years, this book really inspired me to get going again with the home-made lemonade and ginger beer, plus trying out some more exotic ideas. The idea of making syrups and then just adding sparkling water is a very good one, especailly if you have a Sodastream, because you save money while at the same time making sure the ingredients in your drinks are wholesome.

It Happens in the Dark
It Happens in the Dark
by Carol O'Connell
Price: 11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: It Happens in the Dark (Paperback)
I love the Kathy Mallory books and this one certainly didn't disappoint. I found it just as hard to put down as the others and was, as I'm sure the author intended, tantalised at the end of the book by little revelations of what was to come years later....Clever, fast-paced stuff and the most fascinatingly flawed female detective in fiction.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7