Profile for KeenSeniorGolfer > Reviews

Missing Impossible [DVD]
Missing Impossible [DVD]
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Where putting's concerned, I'll try anything, 9 July 2012
This review is from: Missing Impossible [DVD] (DVD)
A friend loaned me this DVD a few years ago. I had not been golfing long and considered putting to be the easy part of the game. Seeing the method demonstrated on the DVD I was discouraged by the ungainly stance necessary to achieve this "perfect" shot and I dismissed the idea.
However, now I have been through the baptism of fire attaining my handicap, lowering it and getting to the greens quite often in regulation, only to be stymied by a 3-putt, I am longing to make a serious attempt at Trevillion's method. If it's half as good as he says it is then I'll add my testimonial to this review.

Four Classic Albums (The Modern Jazz Quartet / Django / Fontessa / The Modern Jazz Quartet At Music Inn)

4.0 out of 5 stars Music to swing with, 14 April 2011
I say it's "music to swing with" because the last track I heard before a round of golf was Django which kept playing in my head throughout the game - I consider it no coincidence that I played well that day! It has to be said that I need to pick the tracks that I genuinely enjoy but out of 4 LPs I feel I've got my money's worth. Some of it may be an acquired taste and yet there a a few tracks that jazz-lovers will take to immediately. It's lovely music to play at home alone if you are preparing a meal, drinking, reading or perhaps studying.

The Psychology of Achievement: Develop the Top Achiever's Mindset by Brian Tracy (Nightingale Conant): 5031CDS Abridged
by Brian Tracy
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Brian Tracey is a joy to listen to, 14 April 2011
I first heard this self-development programme in the early 90's in its audiocassette form and I like to think it helped me plan my professional and personal life fairly well. It is a no-nonsense package of advice on how to think and act towards yourself and others. I bought this CD for my daughter who is trying to re-organise her career - I hope she listens to it over and over because I know it can be a great comfort and a useful device for overcoming most obstacles. Just one point, I would have liked the 2-CD version to have contained all the material that was on the 12 sides of cassette.

Frank Sinatra - Karaoke [2002] [DVD]
Frank Sinatra - Karaoke [2002] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Frank Sinatra Karaoke

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value backing tracks, 14 April 2011
I consider the karaoke disc good value in spite of some tracks being not to my liking; there were a few that were very good so in view of the price I would recommend it.

Tom Watson: Lessons of a Lifetime [2010] [DVD]
Tom Watson: Lessons of a Lifetime [2010] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth watching & watching & watching..., 13 Feb 2011
Being even older than the "ancient" Tom Watson I was interested to see his film from a senior golfer's viewpoint. The first disc covered the full swing distance shots and the second disc dealt with the short game. I find he has such a likeable personality that I hang onto his every word (which is helpful when you hope to learn something). I did indeed learn some things which immediately gave me a bit more consistency teeing off - there are some useful illustrations of club-ball-divot contact and the entire subject is covered very thoroughly. At the end of the first disc he states that there are no easy shortcuts to playing golf well - a fact that I am occasionally tempted to ignore.

In conclusion I feel the DVD set is a well-produced, good quality product, presented by a master of the game and I am glad I own a copy.