Profile for Albyhoops > Reviews

"I Love My Nanna" Engraved - Heart Trinket/Jewellery Box
Offered by Family Crests
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely gift, 4 Jan 2013
A Great trinket box, felt solid and of good quality. Quickly dispatched and Gidt boxed. A good size for rings. Well received by Nanna.

Froggiemeter, the Baby Bath Floating Frog Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer
Froggiemeter, the Baby Bath Floating Frog Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer
Offered by Glow-Mania
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Froggiemeter, 31 Oct 2012
I wanted a bath thermometer for our new baby that would take away any uncertainty re. the water temp. The Froggiemeter as well as telling you the temp also gives you the traffic light red, amber, green colour code for the temperature. Great for the those tired early days when your brain doesn't work, or if a relative is giving your little one a bath and wouldn't be aware of what temperature to use. Floats well and will I'm sure be a bath toy when baby is bigger also.

"Doctor Who": The Rising Night: (Audio Original) (BBC Audio)
"Doctor Who": The Rising Night: (Audio Original) (BBC Audio)
by Scott Handcock
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 8.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 3 Nov 2009
I've listened to all the Doctor Who audio books that are currently available and to be honest The Rising Night is just not up to the usual standard. Quite dull without the normal twists and turns, not a great tale.

"Doctor Who": Prisoner of the Daleks (BBC Audio)
"Doctor Who": Prisoner of the Daleks (BBC Audio)
by Trevor Baxendale
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 10.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 3 Nov 2009
I'm an avid fan of the Doctor Who audio books and this is by far one of the best. 5 CD's of the Doctor caught in true adventure. Gripping from start to finish - I didn't want it to end.

The Christmas Train
The Christmas Train
by David Baldacci
Edition: Audio Cassette

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable, 4 May 2008
A nice but boring story with predictable twists and ending. Nothing horrible happens and it is all a bit sickly sweet. However (whether because it was abridged) it was quite boring on audio book and I found myself shouting out what was going to happen next in the story because it was so obvious. Also, unfortunately, I found the narrater's voice slightly grating - it has a strong American tang and I found his female characters when narrated were unbelivable and sounded very 'drag queenesque'. However, on the up side this is a pleasant Christmas story that does not demand any serious thought and could be listened to by all ages.