Profile for MrsD > Reviews

MrsD

Pandemonium - The Essential Bellowhead
Pandemonium - The Essential Bellowhead

3.0 out of 5 stars Good selection of old favourites, 16 Oct. 2015
I love Bellowhead, and I love all of these tracks - but to be honest, there isn't much I couldn't have got by pressing shuffle on my ipod. It's a shame they didn't for example include live versions of some of the tracks instead of the album versions. It will be good for in the car, and a good album for someone new to Bellowhead.

Za-za's Baby Brother
Za-za's Baby Brother
by Lucy Cousins

1.0 out of 5 stars Very sad, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Za-za's Baby Brother (Paperback)
To be fair, my 3 yr old son liked this book, but he now thinks that when his new baby brother or sister arrives then he is going to have to play on his own. I found the whole thing really sad.

The only plus is that we've been able to talk about what to expect and say 'it won't be like that when our baby comes'.

I have 'lost' the book and bought a more positive one instead (Topsy & Tim and the new baby).

Dougal the Digger
Dougal the Digger
by Benedict Blathwayt

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite within minutes, 17 May 2012
This review is from: Dougal the Digger (Paperback)
I bought this for my son aged 16 months and it was an instant hit. He loves diggers and dogs, so a combination of the two was perfect. He engages with the story, looking under the flaps to find the dog, and looks for the rabbits on each page too. The illustrations are lovely and I think he will get more out of it as he gets older so it will last for a while.