Profile for B. raimonda > Reviews

Content by B. raimonda

B. raimonda "raimonda" (padova, italy)

Big Machines - Trucks & Planes [DVD] Real Life Action Adventures
Big Machines - Trucks & Planes [DVD] Real Life Action Adventures
Dvd ~ Granada Ventures

4.0 out of 5 stars .....from 5 years!!!, 31 Dec. 2009
Very interesting but for the amount of fire and houses in fire is better if a children is at least 5 or more.... it's only a question of nightmare especially for the sensitive ones.
Otherwise well contructed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2010 11:00 AM GMT

The Pharaoh's Shadow: Travels in Ancient and Modern Egypt
The Pharaoh's Shadow: Travels in Ancient and Modern Egypt
by Anthony Sattin

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks Anthony!!!, 4 Dec. 2009
I bought this book because I wanted to have another point of view about Egypt and Egyptians although I had lived here.

The author lived in Cairo for some years and became acquainted with the language and the behavior. He get back a disenchanted and real glimpse of Egypt and you can feel his eagerness for understanding.

He preferred to know people to find the nobility and the MAGIC they inherited from the past and he has never interfered with the pride and the secrets even if he reported about real SURVIVALS.

The book is a little sad in the end even if I share his decision not to stay in Egypt and watch a dramatically change for exasperate modernity, a longing for big malls and opportunity.

The future looks black, but We Hope for a bright bean of light!!!

Thank you Anthony for this beautiful and unique insight!!

Beyond The Pyramids: Travels in Egypt
Beyond The Pyramids: Travels in Egypt
by Douglas Kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars real egypt, 4 Dec. 2009

The author travelled and wrote this book in 1985 and was not interested in temples and monuments he wanted to go beyond ...

He get back a disenchanted glimpse of the real Egypt, he preferred to know people to understand the magic nobility they inherited from the past and how much the social struggle for power could change the features of an ancient country.

He understood that Egypt was a basket full of big contradictions: the ferocious gaps between wealth and poverty, the submerged tension between Islamic and Western values and the deranged population explosion. Nothing is changed after 24 years.
Little is changed after 3000 years .....

The last report about his effort to travel by felucca from Luxor to Aswan a real wide shot!

In Maremma
In Maremma
by David Leavitt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Leavitt!!, 18 Oct. 2009
This review is from: In Maremma (Paperback)
I'm an old fun of David Leavitt from the time of the great "Language of the crane". In 2002 I was a guest in Semproniano at "Il mulino" and I had the pleasure to know Pina the chef .... later David left a signed copy of Family Dancing for me... my treasure! Reading this book I had a chance to remember my journey to Tuscany and feel the place and people throughout the pages. This is a simple, trustworthy and accurate picture, written with the sensitive style of a great heart!!!

Lost and Found [DVD]
Lost and Found [DVD]
Dvd ~ Philip Hunt

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep to your heart!!!, 18 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Lost and Found [DVD] (DVD)
I write from italy. I, my housband and our little son are falling in love with this little boy and the tiny penguin.
The deep story, the soundtrack and the picture are touching .... there are no words to describe!!!
Thanks to the author and all the staff for this wonderful gift!!!