Profile for Setter man > Reviews

Content by Setter man

Setter man (Sheffield, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Vax P86-P2-P Pressure Washer
Vax P86-P2-P Pressure Washer

5.0 out of 5 stars Show me something to wash!, 22 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Despite its relatively small size and weight (both plus features when you are lugging it around) this washer really packs a punch. It comes with three different nozzles for normal cleaning, a turbo nozzle for really tough to shift muck and stains, and a slightly lower pressure nozzle for use on the car, and this one can be used along with a supplied tube linking it to a container of detergent/car shampoo. Furthermore, there's a circular patio brush with water nozzles rotating under the cover to brush as well as jet the surface. The supplied handle and lances all fit together easily and effectively and are well-balanced. In use, I found this to be very effective and simple to handle and manoeuvre. Though it is not cheap, for regular use across a range of jobs this washer is well-made and does it's work very well. And when you've finished, the size, handle and body design make it easy to store away. Highly recommended!

Omron RS8 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor with NFC Pad
Omron RS8 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor with NFC Pad

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful little monitor - shame about the software!!!, 22 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used an arm-wrap Omron blood pressure monitor for some years now. The advantage of the RS8 wrist monitor is its size and convenience. For example I can now take it with me when I travel, and the fact that it operates silently is a plus. The big question, of course, is how accurate is it? Wrist monitors are genrally poo-pooed by the medical establishment as inaccurate. As soon as I received it I decided to compare readings with my other table-top Omron monitor, an M6 Comfort model, since I know how that compares with the readings taken by my GP in his surgery. I know from experimenting along with my GP that my Omron arm-wrap monitor always registers somewhat lower readings than those he takes in his surgery but the differences are consistent. The reason is that I, like many others, suffer from 'white coat hypertension' - my BP goes up when I go to the doctor or have it taken in other medical contexts, but is always lower when I'm in my normal surroundings, as was established by using a 24 hour monitor. Although I've only taken a few readings from both so far, they are consistent with each other. So...they both appear to be operating correctly though with readings lower than doctor-taken readings.
However, I was disappointed to discover when attempting to download the Bi-Link health management software so that I can record my readings and analyse them, that the programme will only run in Windows, not Mac, so I cannot use it since I am a Mac user. The website does indicate that Mac software will arrive 'soon', but in the meantime that part of the package is totally useless to me. That's a real shame because this is one of the value-added features of this monitor.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful but needs proper set up to get the best results, 7 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have only been using this router over a couple of weeks now, interrupted by holidays, and I'm still working out how best to link it into my existing wired and wifi system to get the greatest benefits. Initially I used it simply connected to of my my modem's LAN sockets next to my PC and it provides a robust signal across the house. But so does my existing wifi modem. I think I need to invest in a long LAN lead to position this router more centrally in my house to fully benefit all the rooms and even outside in my garden. Once I've done this, I'll experiment with the full range of facilities the router offers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2014 6:22 PM BST

I Am China
I Am China
by Xiaolu Guo

4.0 out of 5 stars A different reading experience, 7 Aug. 2014
This review is from: I Am China (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am enjoying reading this, having never come across Xiaolu Guo before. I will probably get and read others of her books after reading this. To me, a male reader, this comes across very much as written by a woman in terms of the style, the plot and the insights - I doubt a man could have written it, certainly not in the same way. For me, a different and rewarding reading experience.

Pantone Universe iPhone 5/5s IMD Cover - Deep Lavender
Pantone Universe iPhone 5/5s IMD Cover - Deep Lavender

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 7 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm afraid I can only make negative comments about this case. There are lots of iPhone cases around and this one is poorly made of thin, sharp-edged plastic that seems ready to break at the slightest touch, which means you would be much better off buying an alternative. I doubt it will offer any significant protection to the phone. I received this through the Vine programme, but to be honest had I paid for it I would have returned it for a refund.

Mustard Seed Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S
Mustard Seed Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S

4.0 out of 5 stars Ahead of the pack, 19 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The screen protector matches my iPhone 5 perfectly and protects it well. The supplied frame means that it is virtually impossible to get it misaligned when placing it on the phone, and I had virtually no air bubbles. Those that there were disappeared with use of the supplied card very easily. Preparation is all, and the protector comes complete with a cleaning cloth and semi-adhesive dust remover to ensure your screen is really clean before you attach the protector.
There are loads of iPhone protectors, but this one really does appear to have been thought through to allow the user to attach it with no air bubbles, and squarely on the phone. It works, unlike others you can buy, and for that reason it's really worth the money.

Pasta: The Essential New Collection from the Master of Italian Cookery
Pasta: The Essential New Collection from the Master of Italian Cookery
by Antonio Carluccio

5.0 out of 5 stars Forza Carluccio!, 19 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book reminds of how I first fell in love with Italian cookery - it has the colour, the taste and the brio of truly Italian tastes and textures. Making Italian pasta sauces is not intrinsically difficult but getting the balance right between the ingredients and matching to a suitable pasta type is much more than making something based on tomato sauce and sticking it on some overcooked spaghetti, as so many Brits seem to think. There are subtleties, variety, colour, strong flavours, refined flavours...in fact, an endless variety. Carluccio's wit and knowledge come through strongly in this book, and the recipes are clearly and simply set out, matched by excellent photographs. All in all, a real taste of Italy that has had me buying new pasta types and rediscovering my love of Italian food.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid wine rack that looks good too, 26 Jun. 2014
Ordered one day and delivered the next, this wine rack is very solid and well-made and does its job perfectly. Does smell a bit to begin with, however, so you might want to leave it for a day or two in a garage to disperse the aroma after coming out of its packing.

Energizer 395-399 SR927SW SR927W 0% Mercury Silver Oxide Button Cell Watch Battery - Pack of 10
Offered by A&M Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price for quality batteries, 26 Jun. 2014
Since I use these batteries for a variety of equipment it makes sense to buy more than one. These were supplied quickly and are of good quality.

The Murder Bag
The Murder Bag
by Tony Parsons

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag, 20 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Murder Bag (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As other reviewers have noted, some liking this book, and some not, this move into crime thriller by Tony Parsons is not entirely successful. In terms of character-building and background, he writes well, though perhaps over-doing his attempt to show the personal life of his detective, Max Wolfe, behind the harsh and unpleasant world of his police work. But in terms of plotting and the development of the central story the book sometimes falters and shows signs of the author's lack of experience in this genre. Maybe the future Max Wolfe tales will be more complete and satisfying reads, but this one left me feeling that it didn't live up to the publisher's hype and puff.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19