ARRAY(0xae848ae0)

Profile for B. Kermode > Reviews

Content by B. Kermode

B. Kermode "modey" (isle of man)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Top Gear - The Perfect Road Trip [DVD + UV Copy]
Top Gear - The Perfect Road Trip [DVD + UV Copy]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Clarkson
Price: 7.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Far too much of the same thing, 23 Nov 2013
I love top gear so was really looking forward to this, first disappointment was that james is not in it , then the rest of it was just all too much of the same thing, jeremy and Richard just driving different cars, very few funny bits, and a huge let down.
To be honest ive seen some episodes of top gear that are better than this, certainly something i wouldn't watch again

NoTubes Tubeless System Kit tyre accessories standard tyre accessories
NoTubes Tubeless System Kit tyre accessories standard tyre accessories
Offered by Koo Bikes
Price: 44.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - No more flats!, 14 Nov 2013
Although when i first got this i had a bit of trouble with it, once i figured out how to get the tyres seated it was very easy. I would advise reading the instructions on no stans website, use plenty of soap to seat the tyres and if using a floor pump, grip the tyre where the valve is and pump like mad!! I did manage to get both my tyres seated with a floor pump, with a lot of hard work.
Just make sure you don't go over 35psi or the tryes will pop off the rim and leave the stans fluid all over you and your garage!
Great product, i haven't had a flat in six months!

BDBikesTM Bicycle Magnetic Turbo Trainer - Variable Speed Exercise Bike
BDBikesTM Bicycle Magnetic Turbo Trainer - Variable Speed Exercise Bike
Offered by D Pro Tools UK
Price: 59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent turbo trainer!, 14 Nov 2013
I was looking at picking up a turbo trainer for the winter as the dark and cold nights aren't much fun out on the bike so only really get chance at the weekend. I have been put off by the price of others but having seen this at such a good price and read many positive reviews i thought i'd give it a go.
The service from the seller was first class, ordered on a friday and it was here on the tuesday, and i live on an offshore island!
Out of the box the trainer is assembled and ready to go, all you have to do is replace the rear skewer, fit the bike in, attatch the resistance control to the handlebars and away you go.First impressions, very solidy built and works really well.
The only negative i would say about it is the resistance control, i can't really notice any difference between 1-7 so i just leave it on around 4 and alter the resistance with my gears, i have actually taken the control off my handlebars as it gets in the way.
So far had it a few days, done a couple of hour workouts and have to say, very pleased with it, does exactly what i want it to do.
I will also say, it's not really that noisy at all, really don't know how some people can say it is, it's obviously the tyre they are using and not the trainer, i've got a smooth road tyre and you can hardly hear it.
Anyway, if you are like me and looking for a cheap trainer to get you through the winter months, buy this,you won't regret it!

GoPro Hero 3 Edition Camcorder - Silver (11MP)
GoPro Hero 3 Edition Camcorder - Silver (11MP)
Offered by BlastElectronics
Price: 189.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 16 Mar 2013
I decided to upgrade my old hero 1 for one of these, worst decision i have ever made. The camera keeps freezing and the only way to get it back on is to remove the battery, not very good if you are out mountain biking in the rain. All the videos i managed to record have no sound.
I have tried various class 10 micro sd cards, upgraded the firmware but still it gives these problems.
Still waiting to hear back from Gopro.
Just wish i would have stuck with the gopro one that worked flawlessly.
Having read reviews on Amazon. Com i can see this is a common problem

Edit: as a follow on to this I eventually got a reply from gopro who told me to send it back to them in holland, I did this and got a replacement fairly quickly which so far has worked great.

Popcorn
Popcorn
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Popcorn (Kindle Edition)
This is the third ben Elton book I've read and so far the best, very easy to read and i couldn't put it down, couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Toy Story Radio Controlled Car (Buzz & Woody)
Toy Story Radio Controlled Car (Buzz & Woody)
Offered by RIGHT BARGAINS
Price: 41.90

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 1 Jan 2013
Son got this for xmas and the next day One of the wheels fell off, we keep putting it back on but every time he plays with it the same wheel just falls off, not very durable , lasted less than a day with very little use

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Onyx Black (will only fit Kindle Paperwhite)
Price: 30.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great, 25 Oct 2012
I bought this as I wanted a good sturdy cover to protect my new kindle, the cover is a great fit and is very neat, you can bend it right back when reading the kindle and it puts it into standby when you close the cover.
The only negative i can find is the actual leather feels a bit plastic and I wouldn't say it is worth 31.
But saying that, if you are buying a kindle paperwhite you are probably worthwhile getting this cover to protect your expensive device rather than a cheap one which is probably not up to the job.
Great cover but needs to be cheaper

Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi [Previous Generation]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed!!, 25 Oct 2012
Having owned a kindle keyboard from new in decided I wanted a paperwhite, I was disappointed to see it was only available in the USA so when amazon announced pre-orders for the UK I ordered straight away.
Having received it today I am very impressed with the kindle, it is a huge step up from the kindle keyboard, it feels solid and the screen is brilliant, touchscreen very responsive, there are some shadows at the bottom but nothing that will interfere with the reading.
I'm very happy with the paperwhite and having also bought the official case my new kindle is complete, I held onto my kindle keyboard until I got this in case I didn't like it, but that will now be sold, I won't go back to that now.

Rocksmith - includes Real Tone Cable (Xbox 360)
Rocksmith - includes Real Tone Cable (Xbox 360)
Price: 30.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant guitar game!!, 29 Sep 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Having been trying to learn guitar on and off for a few years I thought I would give this a go, I received it today I have to say I'm impressed, very easy to set up, it helps you tune your guitar and then you are good to go.

It starts off easy with a few single notes and then the game learns how good you are getting and adds a few more and makes it more difficult. I've had no problem with lag but my Xbox is connected to my surround sound system.

If you liked guitar hero you will love this as its a far superior game and you will learn how to play a guitar, even if it's just some basic chords or notes to start with.

There is also the option to play bass but that's downloadable content and I haven't got around to trying that yet.

Edit: It appears the bass option is on the disc and is not DLC
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2012 3:21 PM BST

WD TV Live Media Player
WD TV Live Media Player
Offered by George and Freddie
Price: 55.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant device!!, 18 Aug 2012
I previously owned an apple tv 3, but due to the limited file types it allows you to play I bought one of these, this plays every file type I throw at it, including mkv's and it streams flawlessly, from my pc wirelessly or from a 1TB hdd I plug into it.
I have now sold the apple tv and will be ordering another one of these for the bedroom.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3