Profile for Jim > Reviews

Content by Jim

Jim

Garmin Speed/Cadence Sensor For Garmin Forerunner/Edge/Virb Elite/Montana/Oregon

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this purchase, 11 Sep 2014
Very happy with this purchase. Works perfectly with my 310XT watch. It is a little tricky to get the magnets lined up correctly, and they need to pass very close to the sensors or the stroke isn't detected. It isn't practical to transfer the device between bicycles due to the precise positioning and semi-permanent fixing of the device with cable ties.

Good value for money at the Amazon price (much dearer from Garmin's shop), and the device is well manufactured (as with most Garmin products).

The product has helped a great deal with my cycle training for triathlon as I am able to keep an eye on my cadence.

Zoggs Predator Flex - Smoke/Black
Zoggs Predator Flex - Smoke/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best quality and fit goggles I've owned yet, 11 Sep 2014
This review is from: Zoggs Predator Flex (Sports)
Best quality and fit goggles I've owned yet. More comfortable and leak proof than the Aquasphere equivalent (the Aquasphere goggles are also very good, but mine began to leak after a few months of regular use). I also have the polarised lensed Predators which are great for outdoor swimming.

Garmin Foot Pod for Garmin Forerunner Sports Watch
Garmin Foot Pod for Garmin Forerunner Sports Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the Amazon price, 11 Sep 2014
Very helpful product, and I've noticed benefits in improving my running cadence. Works perfectly with my 310XT watch. Good value for the Amazon price. Some complaints about the price from other reviewers, but I find that Garmin products are generally of a higher quality than the competition, and have found them to be reliable.

Topeak Cage Mount Water Bottle Fixer - Black
Topeak Cage Mount Water Bottle Fixer - Black
Offered by UK Bike Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for its price, 11 Sep 2014
Very simple and effective solution. Great quality for its price.

PortaPow Battery Extender Pack for Apple iPhone Lightning/Smartphones/Satnavs/Amazon Kindle Fire/HD

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Device, 4 Nov 2013
This was a very useful device to carry with me whilst cycle touring. I can get at least four charges of my iphone 4S from the PortaPow -- about one charge per day. It enabled me to recharge my iphone when wild camping for two or three nights at a time. I then recharged the PortaPow when I stayed at Hotels/Hostels.

The 4400mAh model is also quite small and light, and easy to carry around with me when strolling around towns or cities; it meant that I didn't have to leave the phone behind at the hotel to charge.

Topeak BarXtender Handlebar Extender - Black
Topeak BarXtender Handlebar Extender - Black
Offered by GsportsUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Cycle Tour, 4 Nov 2013
This product worked really well for me on my cycle tour from the North to South of Spain. After fitting it once and attaching my Hope One LED light it didn't require any further attention. The light stayed attached to it throughout the journey.

It allowed me to use my light along with my Altura bar bag on my drop-bar touring bike. I mounted the light upside-down below the bar bag.

It is a lot sturdier than I had anticipated. The Hope One LED light must weigh up to 250g with 4 AA batteries. The extender didn't move or require any further adjustment.