Profile for sparkster71 > Reviews

sparkster71

Helly Hansen Duffel 90L - Black/Silver, One Size
Helly Hansen Duffel 90L - Black/Silver, One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent duffel bag, 17 Sep 2014
This is an excellent bag at a fantastic price with the usual Amazon prompt delivery. I needed a good quality bag to shift a large amount of kit on an operational deployment and this fitted the bill perfectly. Other bags I'd looked at were at least twice the price, some for not nearly the same space inside.

The bag is of solid, water resistant construction and the zips are very heavy duty. The straps which turn it into a backpack can be stowed conveniently in a pocket on the top flap. There is a mesh liner in the top flap too for dirty laundry or bits to keep seperate. The straps are very, very good and I'm over the moon with this bag, so much so, that I'm going to order the 50l and the 30l version.

Top bag, fantastic price and speedy delivery. Can't ask for better than that!

Magellan Switch Crossover GPS Watch with Heart Rate Monitor Sport, Fitness, Training, Health, Exercise Gear

4.0 out of 5 stars Magellan Switch GPS HRM, 17 April 2014
After trawling through the internet for a decent (but on a budget) GPS HRM I found this one. It ticked all the boxes and added a few more which could be used for my trail and road running, and my road cycling. At £79.99 it seemed a steal...

I got it home, charged it fully and used it for a commute to work and back, no major issues.

I plugged the unit into my PC to upload my data and as soon as it was seen, I had a message telling me that I had a software update to intall. Silly me, didn't read the full message and pressed continue. The process wiped my data and cleared the unit completely... That's my fault, not Magellan's...

The software install, instead of improving the running and efficiency of the unit, did quite the opposite. The on board battery would discharge when switched off in just 3-4 hours, and the GPS would not pick up a satellite. In fact it would time out and switch off after 10 minutes of no GPS lock.

I contacted Magellan 6 days ago and they haven't even had the decency to contact me back, which is surprising for a company as well known and established as Magellan.

But then when checking the charge of the unit 2 days ago, I had another message telling me I had another software update to install. I had nothing to lose so went ahead and let it run. This one was successful and has returned the unit to normality - in fact better. It picks up a GPS lock quickly now, and the battery doesn't seem to discharge any more. I used it for a run yesterday and it performed well.

My initial disappointment with the Magellan Switch was turned around and now I'm happy with this unit. My disappointment with Magellan is increasing daily with their lack of customer service. I've even tried to update my initial support log but it won't let me do that. I'll keep on with them...

Unit - 8/10
Service - 5/10.

Samsung WB250F Smart Camera 2.0 with Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity - White (14MP CMOS, 18x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch HVGA Touch Screen (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by CenturionSales

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung WB250F Wifi Smart Camera, 4 April 2014
I was looking for a bridge camera originally but when I decided to downsize I saw this camera - I was immediately drawn to the many functions (which I'm still working out!!), mainly the ability to take remote photos from my iphone and that you can send pictures to people via email directly from the camera.

The camera is very well proportioned and weighted, and sits nicely in the hand. The rear touch screen is well sized and offers a variety of functions. There is no viewfinder but that doesn't detract from the quality of the photos which, by way of the touch screen, you can change the size on a photo by photo basis which improves the quality massively. The HD video recorder (sorry, I'm a 70's kid) on board is superb with no lag.

The zoom is slow to act, but this can be a blessing sometimes as you dont really overzoom too much.

The flash looks flimsy but its very effective.

Overall I'm really pleased with the camera and glad I purchased via Amazon. The price was fantastic and the service from Amazon and the vendor was superb. 10/10 overall.

I'm still working on the many functions hence a short review!

Skyfall - Limited Edition Steelbook (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk)
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig

5.0 out of 5 stars Skyfall Steelbook, 29 Dec 2013
I'm a big Bond fan, but this has to be the best movie yet. Excellent cast and plot, with a view into the personal history of James Bond. No gadgets, just Bond at his best. If I could give this ten stars, I would...

ResultSport EVA Foam Roller - Blue - 15x45cm (6"x18") - A3 Exercise Poster
ResultSport EVA Foam Roller - Blue - 15x45cm (6"x18") - A3 Exercise Poster
Offered by ResultSport

5.0 out of 5 stars EVA Foam Roller, 29 Dec 2013
I've had problems with my lower back (Sacroiliac joint) since an injury some years ago and was advised to try a foam roller by a colleague with a similar issue. The results are fantastic - I can do a few minutes a day which equates to what I think is a deep tissue massage of the affected area. I am then able to carry on as normal. Its not a miracle cure, but a good pain relief tool. The A3 poster gives you a series of exercises for other injuries and is very good. I recommend this product.

Complete Guide to Navy Seal Fitness
Complete Guide to Navy Seal Fitness
by Stewart Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Navy Seal Fitness, 29 Dec 2013
After reading a couple of books about Navy SEAL Selection and training, I decided to try some of their physical fitness training. The book is excellent with lots of bodyweight exercises and practical tips about running, swimming and climbing. I'm never going to be a SEAL, but it doesn't stop me wanting to be super fit! An excellent guide to training, heartily recommended.

A Bond with Birds: Terance James Bond
A Bond with Birds: Terance James Bond
by Alan Marshall

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic service!, 9 Feb 2012
An excellent product which arrived very quickly. From the onset, I received an excellent service from Alan Marshall from start to finish which meant that I could give my Dad a gift he really appreciated. On top of that, to have a signed copy by both the author and contributing artist made his day - Fantastic service, 10/10, thank you!

Soul Calibur IV (Xbox 360)
Soul Calibur IV (Xbox 360)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

5.0 out of 5 stars Soul Calibur IV Xbox 360, 10 July 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game was bought for my Son after he played the original Soul Calibur on the Nintendo Gamecube and loved it. Delivery was prompt, good communication with the vendor, and he's happy, which is the main thing!

Vango - Folding Furniture Set
Vango - Folding Furniture Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Vango Furniture Set, 10 July 2011
We were looking for a dining set for our family camping trip and after much looking, found this set on Amazon. As with all Vango products, this one was well designed, well built and of the best quality. The chairs fit neatly inside the table when folded, taking minimum space so is ideal for days out, camping and other outdoor pursuits. The only small issue I have is that the table legs are adjustable to 2 settings only, and the settings mean that the table is either too low, or too high - this was quickly solved using a 6mm drill bit and drilling a hole inbetween the 2 existing holes which now makes it a perfect height. Stools can be used on their own, and the table can be used for food preperation or games. Despite the height adjustment, 5 stars for this set.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2011 1:33 PM BST