Profile for Jane Harries > Reviews

Urban Gardens: Plans and Planting Designs
Urban Gardens: Plans and Planting Designs
by Ann-Marie Powell

5.0 out of 5 stars Prompt service and excellent book condition, 27 Feb. 2014
I wanted this book since getting it out of the library - useful ideas for a designer like me. The condition said 'good' I think but it was as new and came promptly. Thank you!

David Hockney: A Bigger Picture
David Hockney: A Bigger Picture
by Tim Barringer

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 11 April 2013
This is a beautiful book of a great exhibition. As an artist I use it for inspiration for painting ceramics as well as just enjoying the art. There are chapters written by others about different aspects of Hockney's work, too, which are interesting.

Trespass Women's Zima Black Snow Boot Fafoboe20009 6 UK
Trespass Women's Zima Black Snow Boot Fafoboe20009 6 UK
Offered by Trekwear

4.0 out of 5 stars Really great boots, 11 April 2013
I love wearing these. I only stopped giving 5 stars because I am between sizes, having tried a 6 and then bought a 7, so I waddle a bit like Wellingtons, but they are warm, stylish, pretty comfortable and don't leak in snow, which is exactly what I wanted.

Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies
Google SketchUp 8 For Dummies
by Aidan Chopra

4.0 out of 5 stars A good starter especially for architects, 11 April 2013
I bought this after getting stuck using a more advanced book, and have found it a useful introduction for the basics of Sketchup. I still needed help and consulted someone who helped me out of a few jams, however I found it easy to follow and pretty thorough. Its examples are making buildings, whereas I want to produce landscape designs, so I will be also consulting the Daniel Tal book Google Sketchup for Landscape Design.

I've not finished the book yet - this could be a five star book by the time I've finished!