Profile for S. Golzari > Reviews

Content by S. Golzari

S. Golzari (Kent)

Page: 1 | 2
NEW HARA CHAIR, pressure relief of the intervertebral discs and improved buttock circulation. / Model: Nietzsche-V - Color: Black
Offered by HaraStuhl

5.0 out of 5 stars Great chair., 26 Jun. 2015
Best I have ever had. I bought it 4 months ago I feel it is a good time to write a review after extensive use. As a tall person with a long back it is the only chair that seems to have been designed for people like me. Whereas other chairs force me to sit with a poor posture this one allows me to adjust the back (up and down), the headrest, the seat height and armrests to fit. It has a unique design to accommodate both sides of your body and encourages you to sit with a good posture.

Hara even contacted me personally to check my height and weight to ensure that i was buying the right chair rather than just being happy with the sale and sending it out as most suppliers would readily do. It shows that they care about their customer service which is another reason I like their product. The chair is not cheap, but it is certainly worth the benefit to my spine and posture which I cannot put a price on.

Half the World (Shattered Sea, Book 2)
Half the World (Shattered Sea, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 26 Feb. 2015
Thank you, Joe.

A masterfully told, immersive, classic adventure story. The sequel to Half a King picks up the story of Gettland's now deep cunning minister, Father Yarvi, and his companions, old and new. It is a quest to secure the future of their Kingdom in the face of increasing hostile encroachment from the Shattered Sea's domineering High King and his ruthless and treacherous minister, Mother Scaer.

Sure there will be the usual sour, self important comments about predictability and blah blah blah - but all of that noise dulls into insignificance in front of this embodiment of J. Abercrombie's gifted imagination.

Cannot wait to for the next book.

NVIDIA SHIELD 8-inch 4G LTE + WiFi Full HD Gaming Tablet + Lollipop 5.0.1
NVIDIA SHIELD 8-inch 4G LTE + WiFi Full HD Gaming Tablet + Lollipop 5.0.1

3.0 out of 5 stars cool, slick, precise with great features but poor battery life, 15 Dec. 2014
This is a lovely tablet love everything about it except, and this is why it gets 3 stars, the battery life. All of my previous mobile devices have been Apple and as such I'd been spoilt for battery life. Even when this thing is not being used, it seems to consume copious amounts of power. And yes Bluetooth is off, there's no sim in it and all apps are closed.... So if anyone has more tips I'm all ears.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2015 1:08 PM GMT

Half a King (Shattered Sea, Book 1)
Half a King (Shattered Sea, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic - finished it over one day., 26 Aug. 2014
I expected nothing less from the creator of my possibly favourite fictional character, Inquisitor Glokta, and I was certainly, absolutely not disappointed. I could write so much about why this book is great but I would have to write too much. Just buy it and see for yourself.

The Second Kormak Saga Omnibus (Boxed Set) (Kormak Saga Boxed Book 2)
The Second Kormak Saga Omnibus (Boxed Set) (Kormak Saga Boxed Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not disappointed, 30 July 2014
A good wholesome, atmospheric, page-turner for those of us inclined to the fantasy genre. Kormak, the adventuring hero. Highly recommend it.

SanDisk 120GB Ultra SATA 2.5in Internal SSD
SanDisk 120GB Ultra SATA 2.5in Internal SSD

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely failed after 3 months use, 3 April 2014
Purchased in March 2013 it died in June of that year. I sent it back to the supplier who abdecated all responsibility by saying that something in the connection socket had been broken (first I'd heard of it, still couldn't see it when he sent it back to me). I even used the packaging of the Samsung Evo I replaced it with for protection and that also seemed to be a bone of contention for the supplier as he also complained about that. Well, sorry mate. I don't tend to keep the original packaging for stuff I buy beyond a week or two as by that point I expect the product not to be faulty. I guess this is just a problem with Sandisk and the suppliers who were foolish enough to stock them. My advice is to stay away from this brand and especially the supplier. I didn't just lose the £80 (+ return charge) or so that I spent on this rubbish but also everything that was on the disk.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars BOOOOM!, 28 Feb. 2014
After having problems with my on board realtek audio device I did a bit of research and wanted something with great quality and lastability. So this was among one of a number of cards I was looking at and I was mulling over it for a week or two, reading various reviews and what not, some of which made me hesitate. But I decided to bite the bullet yesterday and ordered it. I have had none of the problems others are complaining about.

I simply made sure that I did the following:

1. Download latest driver from Asus
2. Disable onboard sound through your bios.
3. Turn off PC, flick the PSU switch off.
4. Connect FP HD audio plug and 4 pin power
5. Connect 4 pin power pluf from PSU (make sure this is properly connected)
6. Slot the Card into the socket.
7. Start up PC
8. Run downloaded driver software from ASUS and BOOOOM! Prepare to be blown away.

To the sound itself... it has exceeded my expectations by a million miles. I am using Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Open backed Hi-Fi headphones and the difference with the onboard sound and a previous low-end xonar I had bears no comparison. Listening to various types of rock, metal, country, electronic and other genres feels so authentic and exhilirating like you're listening live. Someone else described the sensation of listening through these as an eargasm, well I will take it a few steps further to say it's giving me multiple eargasms. lol.

My hackles rise at the prospect of gaming with it!

Asus VG248QE 24-inch 3D LED Monitor - Black (1920x1080, 80000000:1, 144 Hz, 1ms, DVI Display Port, HDMI)

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it a lot., 31 Dec. 2013
Great crisp, clean high definition picture quality, 1MS, 144Hz - exactly what i was looking for. Down sides
are that it runs very hot and it is quite heavy.

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 - White
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 31 Dec. 2013
Compact, light, with great features like the mini USB receiver which fits neatly into a slot on the underneath of the mouse. It also has a power button to conserve battery life when not in use and in motion.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great card at factory speeds, 31 Dec. 2013
It runs flawlessly and with complete silence at stock ASUS OC speed, but the USP for this product is silence and coolness, I've not had much luck OCing it with the accompanying Asus GPU Tweak.

Page: 1 | 2