Profile for trop1cal > Reviews

Content by trop1cal

trop1cal

Page: 1 | 2
George Bernard Shaw's Plays: Mrs Warren's Profession, Pygmalion, Man and Superman, Major Barbara : Contexts and Criticism (Norton Critical Editions)
by George Bernard Shaw
Price: 11.05

5.0 out of 5 stars The Plays of George Bernard Shaw, 8 April 2014
I am enjoying the plays because I've just seen Alistair McGowan in Pygmalion in Cambridge. Nice to review the script!

Fashion Jewelry Costume Colorful Beaded Earrings Asian Indian
Fashion Jewelry Costume Colorful Beaded Earrings Asian Indian
Offered by ShalinIndia
Price: 11.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorful Beaded Earrings, 25 Sep 2013
I love my earrings. The blend of turquoise and coral colouring is gorgeous, sets my favourite colours off with a zing!

Edwin Muir Selected Poems
Edwin Muir Selected Poems
by Edwin Muir
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Edwin Muir Selected Poems, 26 Aug 2013
I had only read a few of Edwin Muir's most wellknown poems in anthologies, and to read the entire collection was wonderful. He had a wonderful way of expressing himself in poetry. I especially love the poem about the horses, so evocative and thrilling.
The book was in good condition and promptly delivered.

Pam Ayres - The Works: The Classic Collection
Pam Ayres - The Works: The Classic Collection
by Pam Ayres
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Pam Ayres - The Works, 26 Aug 2013
I loved reading about Pam Ayres's life. She wrote of her hardships and triumphs in a very moving way, and I felt I had got to know her a little. I especially enjoyed her experiences in Singapore, because I have lived in South East Asia for many years, and found that her impressions matched mine.

The Pam Ayres Poetry Collection (BBC Radio Collection)
The Pam Ayres Poetry Collection (BBC Radio Collection)
by Pam Ayres
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 5.30

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pam Ayres Poetry Collection, 26 Aug 2013
I am enjoying my Pam Ayres book f poems so much. TI first read her autobiography, ordered from Amazon, and then the poetry really meant something, as it came from all her experiences. She has such a great way of expressing her funny observations. The book was in good condition and arrived promptly as well.

The Pirates! In an Adventure with Napoleon: Reissued
The Pirates! In an Adventure with Napoleon: Reissued
by Gideon Defoe
Price: 6.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Pirates, 30 Jun 2013
So funny. I can just see Alexander Armstrong and the usual suspects playing The Pirate Captain and his crew. Other comedians could be pressganged into playing Napoleon and the other characters.

RSPB - Sound Card - Tawny Owl
RSPB - Sound Card - Tawny Owl
Offered by Fred Aldous Ltd
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Owl hoots, 30 Jun 2013
The little Aussie grandson even goes to bed with this one, and plays himself to sleep. It makes a lovely lullaby.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Birdsong, 30 Jun 2013
I send these bird song cards to my little grandson in Australia. My son reports that he loves them so much he plays them constantly, because Aussie birds are loud and raucous!

All the Queen's Horses: A Celebration of Her Majesty's Love of the Horse
All the Queen's Horses: A Celebration of Her Majesty's Love of the Horse
by David Elliott

5.0 out of 5 stars All The Queen's Horses, 30 Jun 2013
Very touching and interesting book, well written, with lovely photos of The Queen and her horses, with some interesting historical facts which I had not known before .

Life of Pi: Limited Signed Illustrated Edition
Life of Pi: Limited Signed Illustrated Edition
by Yann Martel

5.0 out of 5 stars Life of Pi, 15 Mar 2013
I was knocked out by my edition of Life of Pi. It was great to receive a signed copy in hardback in a hardback cover in really good condition.

Page: 1 | 2