Profile for David Livesey > Reviews

Bombs on Aunt Dainty
by Judith Kerr
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wonderful, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Bombs on Aunt Dainty (Paperback)
2nd book in the triology, Its about life around London when the blitz started. A great
insight on how it really was for ordinary and privildged people. Born just after the
war and remembering bomb sites I found this book really eye-opening.

A Small Person Far Away
A Small Person Far Away
by Judith Kerr
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 10 May 2014
Part 3 of a triology. Having been born just after the war I found these books
a great insight into that life. Very readable and I don't read much at all.

Clochemerle [DVD]
Clochemerle [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cyril Cusack
Offered by 101Trading
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Clochemerle [DVD] (DVD)
Saw this when it came out on a B/W TV.. Good fun but of course a bit dated being around 50 yrs old. visual quality was perfectly acceptable but must admit I spent much less time staring at the cover than I did watching the episodes.

On the Trail of Red Squirrels
On the Trail of Red Squirrels
by Will Nicholls
Price: 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nuts about this book!, 10 May 2014
As a photographer I have always admired Wills' pics of red squirrels so I was thrilled to see that he had brought out this book.. The subject and pics are of course great. The bonus is the insight into the life of a red squirel and how Will got his
photographs.When Will gets his zoology degree and moves on to other subject he will be a talent we will see a lot of. He could be the next David Attenborough! Absolutely well done!

Pinnacle Studio 12
Pinnacle Studio 12

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working, 23 Dec 2008
This review is from: Pinnacle Studio 12 (DVD-ROM)
Found this quite versatile, nice dissolves, time line etc. All of a sudden just doesn't work anymore even after reloading programme. 1st scene will drop into timeline/storyboard but impossible to add any more scenes.

AVG Anti Virus (Professional Edition) (PC)
AVG Anti Virus (Professional Edition) (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Silent Manservent, 27 Sep 2006
I have used Norton anti virus because it came with the computer, and I have used Zone-Alarm for 30 days but their web site wouldn't let me register or reply to my cries for help. But... AVG is absolutely perfect.

I could not believe how quickly and effortlessly it installed itself and how easy it was to register. On a day to day basis it just gets on with the job without having to click icons or seeking praise all the time.

It is the perfect computer manservent and he is so cheap!!!

Kodak Z740 Zoom Digital Camera [5MP, 10 x Optical Zoom]
Kodak Z740 Zoom Digital Camera [5MP, 10 x Optical Zoom]

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put this gem down!, 31 May 2006
As an ex-pro I thought that I would never buy a Kodak camera! It is a real gem. Amazing definition of our little dogs nose, every little hair and blemish. Nice big screen but I still prefer viewfinders. Versatile and easy to use features acquired from a turn-disc with announcements on screen rather than scrolling through menus. Amazing battery life,light, not too big but not a pocket model. Nearly bought a Fuji Fine Pix at 200, this Kodak camera is one of the best small cameras I have ever owned, just can't put it down!