Profile for Nurrie > Reviews

Watch Over Me
Watch Over Me
Price: 0.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Light reading material, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Watch Over Me (Kindle Edition)
review I can't decide if I like this book or not. Concept is great and the characters are nice but it feels underdeveloped and I didn't feel the romantic tension. I just feel like it could be much better. And coming from a similar style village near Aberdeen and highlands, and this is roughly set in a similar style village, I feel like this writer is looking through rose-tinted glasses of a Scotland village.

An okay, light read.

Unbreakable
Unbreakable
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad and boring. So disappointing., 10 July 2014
This review is from: Unbreakable (Kindle Edition)
Boring, boring, boring.

A Twilight Belle clone Kennedy (omg I know nothing about fashion, people think I'm beautiful but I don't think I am, I don't have to try to get people to automatically like me) gets into trouble with ghosts. Now, the blurb sounded great, but it was slow going, despite the fact they're travelling from one place to another on a treasure hunt. It felt repetitive. The bad ghosts are not described in a way that makes me fear them, you expect creep factor but the ghosts are very cliche and poorly written, and the romance tension is weak and unbelievable. I won't be getting the second book.

World After (Penryn and the End of Days Book Two)
World After (Penryn and the End of Days Book Two)
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Punches you in the gut and heart, 10 July 2014
A great sequel to the first book. I wasn't sure about getting this book, usually the second book isn't as great as the first, but I went ahead and wasn't disappointed. The sisters' relationship is the priority in this book, not romance, and maybe because of that it avoided many boring cliches that a second book that has a developing romance would usually goes through. It's still hard hitting in places as the first one with terrible scenes. This YA novel is not afraid to make you squirm and at times punches you in the gut and heart.

Really great book

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Price: 1.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but too much information overload, 10 July 2014
Really great book, with interesting characters with addictive plot. I have to say though, I nearly gave up after the first few couple of characters because I was bombarded with with too much information on finance and government affairs. I had trouble trying to put it in context of the plot since the plot struggled to reveal itself straightaway. But I persevered, which I'm glad I did, and it all fell into place. Once the true plot started going, it was addictive. I really enjoyed the characters and the unfolding of the mysteries. There were times when there was too much information at once that it was a struggle and made slow progress but at the same time it helped create a fuller world.

Really great crime thriller if you can get past the first few chapters.

The Millennium Trilogy
The Millennium Trilogy
Price: 7.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, sometimes story and background info is too much to absorb at once., 9 July 2014
Amazing quality novel. Sometimes, there was just too much information to absorb at once so it's quite heavy going. There was especially too much at the beginning with the whole finance and government affairs to absorb at once and trying to put in context what relevance it had to the overall story, it was too much too soon that I nearly quit the whole thing. I somehow persevere and it all became clear, I became addicted and finished the whole trilogy in 5 days. There are plenty of sections though that I thought was a bit irrelevant but at the same time all the extra information made for a fuller world.

It was a great read, though the last book is the weakest, I can't help think it was stretch out a bit too much and sometimes went in a circle where you're digesting the same information again and again.

Still I recommend this to anyone who likes crime thrillers.

YSYT Deal Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks NORMAL 12PC SET FIGURE (APPOX 1.5" Mini Figure)
Offered by Uk-safe buy Mall
Price: 25.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute cute cute, 6 May 2014
Mini figurines that look adorable and cute. Very colourful and well painted for a small figurine, no splodges of paint leaking. Fun to put together.

Estone 50COLOR Wool Fibre Needle Felting + Felting Needles Starter Kits Mat Tools
Offered by accecity
Price: 26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginner felter, 6 May 2014
I found these wool really nice and soft, and the tools are decent. Really lovely range of colours. Can't wait to use them all. A fun set for a beginner like me.

Fun Bowler hat single coat Hook
Fun Bowler hat single coat Hook
Offered by Penzer
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and well made, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Fun Bowler hat single coat Hook
Really lovely hook, looks well made and good quality. Will look good on my wall for when I put it up.

Bullyland Beast Figurine
Bullyland Beast Figurine
Offered by Amuse Toys
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute figure, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Bullyland Beast Figurine (Toy)
Nicely made, with great colours, and looks kinda cute. Looks like the beast and is a great addition to my miniature size (height wise) disney collection, though he does tower above the others slightly, but that just adds to his character. Exactly what I was looking for.

Bullyland Cinderella Rags to Riches Figurine
Bullyland Cinderella Rags to Riches Figurine
Price: 3.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Just cute and great, 28 April 2014
Absolutely lovely and unique as she is normally in her ballgown, so this was a fantastic change. Nicely crafted and well painted. Great addition to my miniature collection of figurines.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14