Profile for Phyl > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Goldfinch
The Goldfinch

1.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing read!, 29 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Goldfinch (Kindle Edition)
I was very disappointed in this book. It is beautifully and descriptively written BUT I just couldn't identify with the characters and it was far too long. It took me a long while to read because I just didn't want to go back to it but I still had to finish it!!!!
The ending was a complete anti-climax. I know this book has won awards and been in the bestsellers but think hard before you embark on it. According to statistics only 44% of readers finish this book!

Very disappointed in this book. Although it is very well written I just couldn't identify with the characters and it is far too long. It took me a long while to read it because I just didn't want to go back to it and yet I had to finish it!!! I know this book has won awards and been in the best sellers but think hard before you embark on it. I understand that statistically only 44% of reader complete the book!!

LeapFrog Lettersaurus
LeapFrog Lettersaurus
Offered by ToyWarehouseUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for one year olds!, 29 Dec. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Lettersaurus (Toy)
This is a great toy. It kept my grandson happy for a long while when mummy went to have a shower and I was left with him to care for. The alphabet is not dealt with phonically - which is a shame but although I would have preferred that he loves the sounds and songs.

Tomy Splashy the Penguin Bath Toy
Tomy Splashy the Penguin Bath Toy
Offered by ThePlaceForStuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for the bath!, 29 Dec. 2014
Bought as a Christmas gift for my bath loving grandson. He loved it and I was lucky enough to present as penguin's inaugural swim!!

Shannon - Betrayed From Birth
Shannon - Betrayed From Birth

4.0 out of 5 stars Beyond belief!, 29 Dec. 2014
This was a quite well written expose of Karen Matthews. It is very hard to believe that anyone would do the things detailed in this book but to treat your own child like this is beyond anything I can imagine. What a sad start in life for little Shannon Matthews? I do hope that time will heal her wounds and that her life will be happier in the future. It is hard to believe that her tormentors are already free and living in the community. The world that is painted in this book is outside my experience and it was eye opening and very emotional.

Cooksmart Cats Premium Apron
Cooksmart Cats Premium Apron

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value cover ups!, 29 Dec. 2014
Good value Christmas gifts for my cat loving friends. Very pleased with them.

Shy Boy: The Horse That Came In From the Wild
Shy Boy: The Horse That Came In From the Wild
by Monty Roberts

4.0 out of 5 stars Monty Roberts admirer!, 29 Dec. 2014
I really admire Monty Roberts but have never been sure about the experiment that he details in this book. It was bought for a young friend of mine who I hope will read and evaluate the value of the Monty Roberts experiences with 'Shy Boy'.

The Truth About Dogs: The Ancestry, Social Conventions, Mental Habits and Moral Fibre of Canis familiaris
by Stephen Budiansky

5.0 out of 5 stars Like dogs - read this book!!, 29 Dec. 2014
Bought as birthday gift for my husband. We have a rescue dog with quite a history and this book has helped considerably. Although was have had five dogs previously the problems that we have met with Bridget are quite different and this books helps you understand the way dogs are and perhaps to evaluate the information you are fed by other canine experts. My husband was continually quoting from the book as he was reading it.

The Churchill Factor: How One Man Made History
The Churchill Factor: How One Man Made History
by Boris Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy husband!!, 29 Dec. 2014
Bought as a birthday present for my husband who has enjoyed reading it. He says the Boris Johnson factor comes through!!!

Happy Pet Grubber Bounce Fetch & Tug Dog Toy
Happy Pet Grubber Bounce Fetch & Tug Dog Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy dog!!, 29 Dec. 2014
Bought for my rescue dog who continually wants to chew on something and this toy is perfect and hopefully virtually indestructible.

3 Pairs Ladies winter thermal Gloves - 8 Different Styles (Fingerless Black Gloves)
Offered by CLASSIQUE FASHIONS

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, 29 Dec. 2014
Perfect for my needs.Good price and very cosy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8