Profile for Eleanor Bourdillon-Miller > Reviews

Content by Eleanor Bourdi...

Eleanor Bourdillon-Miller

Little Nutbrown Hare Rattle, Guess How Much I Love You
Little Nutbrown Hare Rattle, Guess How Much I Love You
Offered by Cards & Gifts Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cute, 22 Dec 2013
Bought this + the squishy book + the full book + a buggy toy, as a set for a friend's baby. Lovely set altogether, and this bunny was really cute. The ears and legs are a good size for when the baby starts grabbing hold of things, and the bell inside him makes her smile.
Lovely little toy.

Motionperformance Essentials Blue Velour Comfort Memory Foam Neck Support Cushion (Traveling, TV, Reading)
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

2.0 out of 5 stars Too squishy, 22 Dec 2013
If you really like squashy pillows then this would be great. I prefer a more firm pillow and this was no good at all for that... I ended up stuffing it with lots of clothes in an attempt to make it harder! That worked but it did look bumpy and strange and the seams ripped a bit. Not the most attractive pillow to be carrying around after all that!

Baby Shower Confetti: Pink Stitches Design
Baby Shower Confetti: Pink Stitches Design
Offered by CKONE

4.0 out of 5 stars Corny but fun, 22 Dec 2013
Does what it says on the tin! Nicely unisex, pretty well made for the price too. Unlike some confetti which doesn't look anything like it's meant to, this is full of cute little ducklings and safety pins and things. Was a great table confetti for a baby shower table.

Infographic Guide To The Movies (Infographic Guides)
Infographic Guide To The Movies (Infographic Guides)
by Karen Krizanovich

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Especially good as a gift., 22 Dec 2013
I bought this for my boyfriend as one of his Christmas presents and it's great. I spent quite a while looking at it before I wrapped it up for him! I agree totally with everything the previous reviewer said; it's interesting, beautifully illustrated, and full of information both old and new. And that's the whole point of most infographics so this ticks all the boxes. The guessing game pages for each decade are good fun, and the information on the graphics is very varied.
In regards to the reviewer who was angry with the author, I find this odd. Of course the author used other people to compile some of the information for her.

A good present, especially for boys who like movies. I always find them a tough group to buy for so this was a godsend!

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 17 Oct 2013
Just stunning. Brilliantly written, with characters you truly believe in, whose stories touch you in away rarely done in fiction. Read it.

TRIXES Bicycle Bike Mount Holder for iPhone 4 4S Mobile Phone Accessory
TRIXES Bicycle Bike Mount Holder for iPhone 4 4S Mobile Phone Accessory
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product at bargain price, 11 Sep 2013
I wasn't sure the quality of this product would be good enough at such a low price but I was very much mistaken. It's a brilliant piece of kit. Since I had one of these on my bike with a maps app, I've cycled safer and faster and known exactly where I was going every time. Would recommend to anyone.

Room
Room

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written - couldn't put it down, 4 Sep 2011
This review is from: Room (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. Even a month after finishing it I am thinking about the characters and thinking about how good it was and how beautifully written. Seeing things from the child's point of view and hearing his thoughts reminded me a little of The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night Time, although this book felt emotionally deeper that the Dog in the Night, probably because of the theme of captivity.
Despite that being the theme, it's not gruelling to read at all. At no point did I feel disgusted or disturbed, which I was worried about before I started it and was told it was inspired by the Josef Fritzel case. It IS about a mother and son being held captive, but the captor is given very little description and limited attention is given to him. Apparently Donaghue did that on purpose as she didn't want the book to be about him. She has said the main thing that gave her inspiration from the Fritzel case wasn't the torture or the assault or Fritzel himself; the thing she found fascinating was the idea of a child being born in that room and only knowing that for their whole life, then emerging into a world they've never seen before like an alien landing on earth. That's what comes through in the book and it's really eye-opening. The other overwhelming theme is the bond between a mother and child. That's what I found anyway. It's great - read it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2012 11:16 AM GMT