Profile for N. Dunlop > Reviews

Content by N. Dunlop

N. Dunlop "Girl in London" (London, UK)

The World According to Bob: The further adventures of one man and his street-wise cat
by James Bowen

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible and uplifting tale, 5 Sept. 2013
Up until a few years ago when we adopted a little ginger street cat, I was a steadfast dog person. I would never have believed - in a million years - that a *cat* could develop such unwavering love and fierce loyalty to their human companions. My little ginger changed all that and so I read this lovely book after stumbling on it in our local bookshop. It's an incredible tale of the coming together of two souls who needed each other and are now fiercely connected. I absolutely know this is possible from my experience - so if you know anyone who doesn't 'get' cats, buy them this book and they start to see why so many people love the puds. Another thing the author James Bowen has given me is that I now don't pass homeless people on the street so quickly - I don't do it every day, but if I go out to buy lunch, I'll buy a lunch bag for someone I've walked past. I know this is nothing but a drop in the bucket of help the person needs but it's something and it's something I didn't do before I got a better understanding of life on the street from James Bowen. Thankyou James Bowen, thankyou Bob - for having read your books, I'm a bit of a better person.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2013 8:43 PM BST

Ministry of Sound ONE
Ministry of Sound ONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Dance Music don't love it and have a collection full of it !?!?, 21 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Ministry of Sound ONE (Audio CD)
If you do like dance music and really enjoy various tracks but haven't gone so far as to make your own collection full of dance music then probably this compilation is for you! I do love dance music but life is too short to fill your entire collection with it ... but this is a wonderful compilation full of awesome tracks we all know and love - so if you don't own dance music but do like it - buy this - really enjoyable, I'm sure you'll love it too. Happy days!!! :-)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2011 3:00 PM GMT