Profile for Maximilian Longhin > Reviews

Content by Maximilian Longhin

Maximilian Longhin (United Kingdom - or in the sky somewhere)

Minky 122 x 38 cm Steamflow Ironing Board
Minky 122 x 38 cm Steamflow Ironing Board
Offered by Home Discount Ltd
Price: 140.20

1.0 out of 5 stars A bad attempt at a good idea..., 21 Aug 2012
This ironing board is not very well designed or costructed.

The fan is very weak and as such doesn't really have much suction power. It bears no resemblance to the ones you see in dry cleaners or in sewing rooms.

You still get a large amount of water under the ironing surface and a puddle is formed on the floor after use. This indicates that most ofthe steam isn't really expelled from under the ironing, defeating the object.

The wheels to help move it are on the wrong end of the board, too.

The extendable shelf that holds the generator iron has no gripping surface, so my generator has fallen off on numerous occasions.

The socket where the iron plugs in is badly made, so that the plug doesn't go in all the way.
I am surprised that this electrical item passed the test!

I am disappointed, after almost a year of usage at home (just two of us) the structure that holds the legs is breaking and so will not use another Minky product again.

(Polti/Vaporella does a much better product...)

The Confidence Plan
The Confidence Plan
by Sarah Litvinoff
Price: 10.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Haven't finished reading it, but so far.... 5 stars!, 8 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Confidence Plan (Paperback)
It's a great book so far!!! My confidence is feeling a lot stronger now. Will review in-depth when I finish reading it.

Taare Zameen Par 3 DISC DVD
Taare Zameen Par 3 DISC DVD
Offered by Revival Books Ltd
Price: 8.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, intelligent, unexpected surprise!, 8 Jan 2010
This review is from: Taare Zameen Par 3 DISC DVD (DVD)
This film is also distributed by Disney in the USA & UK as "Like Stars on Earth" with English audio.
Essentially, it's about how each child is special.

It's based on how school system in most countries is quite limited to educating children academically, and how those who aren't academically inclined, through choice or with learning difficulties, are looked down upon, sidetracked or treated negatively.

I was amazed that this subject was tackled in India. Bollywood singing and dancing films are fun but rarely tackle societal problems. This film couldn't be more different!
I have a nephew who has dyspraxia & is also slightly dyslexic. Watching this film made me understand him so much more and I even found myself crying tears of joy.

Please consider watching this film whether you need to or not - you will come away enlightened and with an improved insight in how whether we live in the UK, India, or anywhere in the world, as human beings we are really all so very similar.

PS: Aamir Khan, the protagonist, has just released another film on xmas day 2009 called "3 Idiots" which is a "growing up into university/college" version of Taare Zameen Par. It's breaking all box office records and I'm off to see it. It's showing in selected cinemas in London.

Like Stars On Earth [DVD]
Like Stars On Earth [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tanay Chheda
Price: 4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, intelligent, unexpected surprise!, 8 Jan 2010
This review is from: Like Stars On Earth [DVD] (DVD)
This film is originally called "Taare Zameen Par" and was made in India in 2007. Essentially, it's about how each child is special.

PS: Aamir Khan, the protagonist, has just released another film on xmas day 2009 called "3 Idiots" which is a "growing up into university/college" version of Like Stars on Earth. It's breaking all box office records and I'm off to see it. It's showing in selected cinemas in London.

The Relate Guide To Starting Again: Learning From the Past to Give You a Better Future: How to Learn from the Past for a Better Future (Relate Relationships)
by Sarah Litvinoff
Price: 6.42

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on relationship breakdown recovery!, 4 Jan 2010
Do yourself a favour and read it. It will enlighten you on so many aspects and will enrich your life. I have been recommending this book since it helped me get over a really difficult relationship in 1994. So many of my friends & colleagues have benefitted from this book. Best of all, Sarah Litvinoff writes in an easy to understand way: there's no unnecessary jargon nor is the text oversimplified. Well-balanced and not at all preachy, evangelical or patronising. Whether it's a straight, gay or bi relationship you're coming out of, you will gain so much from this book.
Good luck and I hope it helps you on your journey.

The Collection
The Collection
Offered by TwoRedSevens
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not perfect, but it's perfect for you!, 1 May 2007
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
OK, I'm a bit carried away with my enthusiasm, but this album is jam-packed with a great deal of her earlier work!

I'm listening to it now, it just arrived.... I particularily like Ring of fire, All on a summer's night and She's lost control (this one has fab sound effects - beware of the car accident, especially!) - these 3 tracks are quite rare.

It's well-recorded and the order of the tracks is good. All her famous tracks are here - this CD won't disappoint.

So now I'm thinking: Will Miss Jones Grace us with another "Collection" of her later works, mid '80's to the present? Who knows... after all, this is the game that she perennially plays with us fans!

Lastly, the photos are good and the biography is very accurate.

...and what a bargain at that price! To deepen your Grace knowledge, I'd recommend "Private Life - The Compass Point Sessions" as well.