Profile for Alan Bell > Reviews

Content by Alan Bell

Alan Bell "learnedb" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
CAT Construction E-Z Machine Loader with Remote Control
CAT Construction E-Z Machine Loader with Remote Control

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 26 Dec. 2015
My little boy loves tractors and this seemed like a good Christmas present for him, but it's terrible. All it does is spin manically and if you're really lucky, you might be able to push the button and get it to go in the direction you want for a moment. Even if it was possible to make it go slower *as the picture of the remote control makes it look like you can do*, then it would be a better toy. The build quality is good, but oh my word it fails miserably at what it's designed to do. I forgot to mention, as one of the US reviewers said, for the privilege of all this manic spinning, undirectable noisiness you have to fit 3xAAA and 2xAA batteries.

It's Boxing Day now and we are seriously contemplating returning it. It just isn't fit for purpose.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2015 10:30 AM GMT

CATOE Luxury Genuine Leather Wallet Folio Stand Flip Case with Card Slot for Apple iPhone 4/4S,iPhone 5/5S, iPhone 6/6 Plus,iPhone 5C High Quality Sport Gym (Rose, Apple iPhone 5/5s)
Offered by Topways(ship from China)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great at this price, 9 Nov. 2015
Present for my wife to replace her old case. She loved the card pockets and fastening but has had to replace the phone now so I can't say how hardwearing it might be.

TV/Movie Ringtones
TV/Movie Ringtones

2.0 out of 5 stars Could do better, 4 Nov. 2015
This review is from: TV/Movie Ringtones (App)
Well, it's free but .... Not much to choose from and mostly dodgy rearrangements.

Minions: Mega Sticker Book (Minions Movie)
Minions: Mega Sticker Book (Minions Movie)
by Centum Books Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 5 Oct. 2015
Bought as a birthday present and the recipient loved it - but then I knew she was a Minions nut already. There are plenty of stickers and activities and it's very Miniony.

Clevamama Clevafoam Toddler Pillow
Clevamama Clevafoam Toddler Pillow

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect toddler pillow, 5 Oct. 2015
This is an absolutely brilliant pillow for our little boy. It's quite flat, so doesn't make him lie in an unnatural position, but firm enough to give support. An added bonus is the size is just perfect for our cot and it does not move around at all while he's sleeping. He does all the moving! He does tend to shift directions a lot at night, but by and large he sleeps with his head on the pillow, so it definitely meets with his seal of approval.

Lynx Dry Sensitive Aerosol Anti-Perspirant Deodorant 150 ml
Lynx Dry Sensitive Aerosol Anti-Perspirant Deodorant 150 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Best spray for my sensitive skin, 5 Oct. 2015
Most deodorants irritate my skin and I find this is the only one that doesn't irritate, but is good enough at what it does that I'm not left with stinky sweaty pits anyway. It's a shame the shops don't want to stock it, but thank goodness it's on Amazon.

IKEA LILLA CHILDRENS GREEN POTTY - BRAND NEW
IKEA LILLA CHILDRENS GREEN POTTY - BRAND NEW
Offered by HAGEL TRADE LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper potty, 5 Oct. 2015
Does what it says on the ... err, packaging. Our little boy sits on it very well, just no actual "potty action" yet. We'll get there!

A good thing, as it's for a boy, is the high front lip for those bad aiming moments. Not that we've had any yet, but I am sure we will.

BabyDan Folding Bed Guard (Black)
BabyDan Folding Bed Guard (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product but not for us, 5 Oct. 2015
I'm sure this is a great product, but it wasn't what we needed. The description on Amazon (or any other sites, for that matter) did not make it clear that the anchoring belt needs to go under the bed and attach on the other side of the bed frame. As the bed we needed to fit it to was designed in a way that didn't permit this, the item was not usable for us.

The quality of the item was clearly good and it seemed like it would be strong and fit for purpose if used in the way intended. Our only problem with it was the unsuitability for us. Of course, Amazon accepted the return easily and refunded our purchase price immediately.

iPhone Charger Cable, RAVPower MFI Lightning to USB Cable, Syncing and Charging for iPhone 6S 6 Plus SE 5S 5C 5, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, Mini 4, iPod touch 5th / nano 7th gen and Apple Devices (3 Feet, Apple Certified, 30 Months WARRANTY) - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 July 2015
Working nicely as an extra charging cable to be kept with our new RAVPower external battery pack/charger.

RAVPower 10400mAh Portable Charger with iSmart Technology (External Battery Pack, Power Bank, 3.5A Output, Dual USB)-Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you going on the go, 24 July 2015
My wife is not able to have her phone with her or even charge it while working in her new job, so was finding that her phone was dying by the evening. This has made such an enormous difference. It may not charge the phone instantly, but it certainly helps us keep in touch as she is on her way home.

It has two USB sockets so can charge two devices at the same time. We are finding a full charge of my wife's iPhone 5 or my Galaxy S4 takes about 25% of the charge of the battery on the charger.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4