Profile for Gina J > Reviews

Content by Gina J

Gina J "g3036" (Brixham UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good old style read, 24 Oct 2014
Not the greatest detective story I've ever read, but a good chapter a night entertainment. I enjoyed it,despite it being a bit one-note sometimes. Recommended light reading.

Cook Vegetarian
Cook Vegetarian

1.0 out of 5 stars A vegetarian of 40+ years speaks, 14 Oct 2014
This review is from: Cook Vegetarian (App)
No use to me.All a bit too fancy

Tallis, T.: Spem in alium - Missa Salve intemerata
Tallis, T.: Spem in alium - Missa Salve intemerata

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 14 Oct 2014
I just love this, I know it's become a cliché, but it's also a fine piece of vocal art.

Ex-Pro Premium Silver 5 Way Scart Splitter, Shielded cable, stress reliefs. 21 Pin Fully screened Gold connections. 2 Year Ex-Pro warranty.
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely totally functional., 30 Aug 2014
I use this to switch between French and English satellite TV boxes on an ancient TV which still has SCARTS. So easy. Just press a button. Brilliant.

A Place of Greater Safety
A Place of Greater Safety

5.0 out of 5 stars Perseverance paid off., 14 July 2014
I am ashamed to say that I originally bought the paper edition, gave up and car booted it. Lucky bargain hunter. I tried again with the Kindle edition, and although slow going and a couple of false starts, I then read it through and found it an immensely satisfying account of the Terror. I can't say I loved it, because it's an immensely sad account of an idea going rotten. But it's very instructive (I am interested in French history and found the Wajda 1983 film puzzling in some aspects.) Persevere. It pays off. Mantel is a writer who can write. Not just write, but WRITE.

Kindle Fire Owner's Manual: The ultimate Kindle Fire guide to getting started, advanced user tips, and finding unlimited free books, videos and apps on Amazon and beyond

4.0 out of 5 stars If it was written for the UK it would get five stars...., 8 July 2014
Four stars because it's USA oriented, but it's very useful and I've used it to find extra functions for my Kindle Fire. However, not all links work, because of the US connection. Very clear and will be consulted in the future.

Spotify (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Spotify (Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's fine, 27 Jun 2014
I don't use this much as I mainly use Kindle for reading or iPlayer on demand. For which it is great.

Crossword Puzzle Free
Crossword Puzzle Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Brain work, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Crossword Puzzle Free (App)
I use crosswords to keep the ageing brain going. This is good for quick work on the synapses! ! !

Flashlight for Kindle
Flashlight for Kindle

5.0 out of 5 stars Fiat lux!, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Flashlight for Kindle (App)
Works really well, thank you.

Duronic [Black] VC6 /B Bagless Upright Handheld Stick Vac Vacuum Cleaner - includes Floor Head & Crevice Tool - Convert from Upright to Hand Held in Seconds!
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and powerful, 13 Jun 2014
Whoooosh! Plugged in and off I went. Works really well, very powerful and effective. Good price, you get what you pay for and a little bit more. Speedy delivery too, just in time for the gardening season. (tracking stuff in...) And many thanks for the European adapter, because it's going on its holidays soon.

And now I have bought a second one and had it delivered to France from the UK in just two days, tracked all the way.

I use it on low pile carpet/rush mats/doormats/modern raw wood floors/100 year old parquet/artificial fibre rugs (which are fibre magnets)/vinyl flooring. All these are perfectly vacuumed. The Duronic is a splendid stick vacuum cleaner which is so good for 10 minutes quick clean up. Empty it after every use. Think of it as an electric broom. It's not a replacement if you use a heavy cleaner, but the heavy cleaner will be out far less often.

I have moderate arthritis and the lightness of this is a boon. And it stands up on its own, takes no room whatsoever.

Do you gather, I like this product? Good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19