Profile for Gina J > Reviews

Content by Gina J

Gina J "g3036" (Brixham UK)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19
MICROFIBRE DISH DRYING MAT drainer kitchen caravan camper camping
MICROFIBRE DISH DRYING MAT drainer kitchen caravan camper camping
Offered by Cochranes Of Ayr

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, but large, 27 Dec 2012
I bought this because quite frankly I'm sick of grubby, smelly slimy plastic dish drainers (yes, I know my fault, I should clean more often), and I now just bung the washing up on the draining board. The mat is a bit large for the draining board - I didn't check - so it's good for the work top. It's a good product though.

Vegetarian Recipes
Vegetarian Recipes

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Vegetarian Recipes (App)
I tried this, and no, as someone who has been a vegetarian for 40 years, sadly, nothing of any interest.

Solitaire
Solitaire

5.0 out of 5 stars Diverting, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Solitaire (App)
I'm liking having this on my Kindle, but it's only just for that. It works fine. What else to say, clear and diverting.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Not used as a toy, but always reliable so...., 13 Dec 2012
I decided to dye a couple of white shirts (one linen and one cotton) which I have not worn for a while, although they were pricey and of very good design and quality. Why? You may well ask. A few years ago I went to a really nice evening racecourse event in one of my smart shirts and black trousers. Big mistake. Every so often I was asked if I could refill a glass or get petit fours. And I was one of the sponsors!! How naive could I have got. I have done a university stint as a waitress and I didn't even twig that all waiting staff were in black and white.
This colour suits me fine, it's a royal blue a little towards Majorelle blue, and looks fab with jeans and - yes - black trousers. I have been dyeing stuff for years. Keep it moving in the stainless sink,and don't forget the salt. I used a pack per shirt. Far less than replacing shirts, one of which cost £80 and was doing nothing in the wardrobe.
Bingo.

Micro USB Mains Charger For Acer Mobile Phones - Acer Liquid Metal, Acer beTouch E130, Acer Stream
Offered by iBox Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says., 5 Dec 2012
I need chargers all over the world. (Well, in two places), and this does the job. Useful and reasonable price.

iZKA® - Amazon Kindle FIRE (NOT HD) Leather Case Cover and Flip Stand Wallet + Bonus Screen Protector + Capacitive Stylus Touch Screen Pen - Black
Offered by iBox Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for purpose., 5 Dec 2012
I needed a case for the Fire (not HD), and I looked at the price. Bingo. (I would never expect leather at that price), and it works perfectly. OK a few bubbles in the screen cover, I can always get another. Life's too short to be little, anyway. Good useful product, now on with the reading.

I Grew Up in the 60's
I Grew Up in the 60's

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyment ahoy!, 5 Dec 2012
Love the first two CDs (and really like using Amazon Cloud), but the third with TV themes. Meh! This was the 60s and I was only interested in cool. I could take or leave the third CD as TV themes were for mum and dad, as was Elvis. rev up that Lambretta/Vespa, whatever. Nice memories.

When an Old Cricketer Leaves the Crease
When an Old Cricketer Leaves the Crease

5.0 out of 5 stars A heartache - and name drop alert!, 21 Oct 2012
The melancholy notes of the brass band and the cricket references amazed me when I first heard this. There are (Pseud's Corner alert) parallels with Larkin's wonderful poem 'At Grass'. I requested this on John Peel's Radio 1 programme for the England cricket team leaving for the Winter Tour of Australia under Mike Brearley 79/80. Peel played it, remarking it was wonderfully evocative and why wasn't there a song about football like this?
Many years later, just recently it was played on 'Material World' (BBC Radio 4) and I contacted the presenter, Quentin Cooper, to say how great it was to hear it again, and telling him the above story. He read the email out and said that it was that Peel programme which introduced him to the piece. Full circle.
The song was played at my father-in-law's wake - he had been a keen cricketer in his youth and a lifelong Lancashire member. I fully intend it to accompany me through the curtain at the crematorium when my time comes.
Ah, sweet melancholy.

River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum yum yum, 21 Oct 2012
As a lacto vegetarian of over 40 years now, the ideas can run a little predictable. HFW, I salute you. Lovely recipes which I can't wait to try out, (I may even actually eat kale), it's an enormously generous recipe book. And I love the use of prints from the vegetables as decoration. Love it.

Lola (Mono Single Version)
Lola (Mono Single Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah those lost days ...., 21 Oct 2012
Bought this when I was at Sussex University. Oh boy, it brings back memories, or those memories which still persist. Happy days............

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19