Profile for Gina J > Reviews

Content by Gina J

Gina J "g3036" (Brixham UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BBC iPlayer
BBC iPlayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally fab, 20 Dec. 2013
This review is from: BBC iPlayer (App)
This works, is useful and I use it. One minus, I can't seem to log into my BBC ID, so can't find my favourite programmes. But, it's super anyway.

Membrane - Black Leather Vertical Case for Samsung Galaxy Fame (GT-S6810 / S6812 Duos / S6810P / GT-S6818 / GT-S6812C) - Flip Phone Cover + 2 Screen Protectors
Offered by Membrane Store

5.0 out of 5 stars It fits, looks good and it works., 22 Oct. 2013
I would have preferred a slip case, but they seem to be out of style. But this is pretty good, neat and effective. Just what I want. Good price and speedy delivery enhance the purchase every time too.

Nilfisk C110 3-5 Pressure Washer with Car and Deck Cleaner Pack (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not particularly impressed, 20 Oct. 2013
We didn't get this from Amazon, perhaps we should have, the customer service would have been better judging from past experience. Or direct from Nilfisk. We bought in December 2012. The lugs holding the patio brush were broken on arrival. This seems to be a design weakness. They also supplied a brush which was incompatible with the machine (the lugs were totally different.)When we brought this up with the supplier immediately after receipt, they wanted us to send the whole thing back at a cost of around £30. Even then they wouldn't guarantee that we had any claim against them. Whatever happened to 'fit for purpose' under sale of goods? We then thought, meh, chuck it in the garden shed. Useless. However, we're having a clear out and a make do and mend where possible. The Nilfisk is still broken, maybe we can do a Heath Robinson on the brush fitting. And we'll saw off the excess on the brush lugs. But really, this shouldn't be necessary, but it's that or the tip, and that's such a waste of resources.
So caveat emptor and return goods asap which are faulty. But paying £30 to return faulty goods. I'll never use that supplier again. I trust Amazon far more.

Silicone Hand Whisk - 20cm Approx - Assorted Colours
Silicone Hand Whisk - 20cm Approx - Assorted Colours
Offered by Layla's Bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Whisk whisk, here's your omelette..., 17 Oct. 2013
I quite like silicone kitchen equipment, it's efficient and clean, took a while to get used to 'plastic' instead of 'metal' finishes. Seemed wrong. But these are good. Lime green and pink are easy to find in the junk heap which is my utensils corner. I thought they might be a bit short in the handle, but no. Neat little whisk, efficient and easy to clean. And I can use it up to 230C if I want. Blimey, that would challenge Heston Blumenthal's invention.

Culinare 20 Hour Digital Timer
Culinare 20 Hour Digital Timer

5.0 out of 5 stars Beep beep, dinner's ready!, 15 Oct. 2013
I've had one of these for squillions of years, and now need another to replace an ancient clockwork timer, which has developed arthritis. I'm very mean - see my other reviews - and this is at a fine price, mixed it with other things to get free delivery. It's a sound product, easy to use and loud enough to get through the white noise of every day.

Wallander's Ringtone
Wallander's Ringtone

5.0 out of 5 stars Erm..... ah solved it!!!, 15 Oct. 2013
I long to have this on my android. Sadly it doesn't work, or I'm too thick. If someone could offer a simple guide ( I gave up on the illiterate ones in web forums/fora) I would be molto grateful. Tack! If it was Lund I'd say' Tak', which looks cooler.)

I have solved it. Hence I have gone from 3 stars to 5 stars(I have the perseverance of a Gila Monster.) I downloaded the track to my desktop. Attached the android to the laptop,opened files to view on the phone (not the SD card), found ringtones and copied the ringtone over.
Works a treat! May not be the proper way to do it, but I now have dear old Kurt calling out when the calls come in.

Moleskine Pocket Size Soft 12 Months 2014 Weekly Notebook
Moleskine Pocket Size Soft 12 Months 2014 Weekly Notebook

5.0 out of 5 stars Is it going to be worth the cost next year?, 15 Oct. 2013
I ask myself each year and every year I buy one. I find it perfect. But the price, even at this good deal is getting to be a little too much. Especially as it no longer includes the handy slip-out address book in the back. But I have to say that a request to Moleskine for a new little booklet, was met with courteous success a couple of years back.

Just Be
Just Be

5.0 out of 5 stars Let 'em sneer!!!, 15 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Just Be (MP3 Download)
I heard this in a French supermarket, and being ancient have to confess I hadn't heard it before, ever. And it resonated, and touched me. Which is what any sort of music must do. So let the musos sneer. I love it.

DIGIFLEX VGA Male to Male 5 Metre Black Cable for PC Laptop to TFT Monitor LCD TV Lead
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely just what I wanted!, 8 Oct. 2013
Ordered Saturday received Tuesday, very pleased with service. Plugged in to ancient laptop and second hand LCD TV, hit the fn f4 button to make a second screen work, and bingo! Thank you.

The Likeness
The Likeness
by Tana French

1.0 out of 5 stars The dislikeness, 19 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Likeness (Paperback)
Dear me. Well, I accepted the preposterous plot idea, and started to read through. I love reading and enjoy novels. I gritted my teeth after 100 pages, by 300 pages I was ready to climb a wall. By 400 I had lost the will to live. Every evening I remarked that I must endeavour to finish this book. I finished it. It's going up for sale on Amazon market.
Repetitive, slow, unlikely and unlovable and unlovely characters with a couple of exceptions. I'm used to suspending belief but this time belief could have been dangling from Southwark Bridge and I would have still be saying 'You what??'
And the denouement reads more like an outline plan for a novel than an actual piece of fiction writing. What were the editors thinking? Probably that the first novel was a great success, get another out, pronto. It didn't work, didn't please at all. It was a chore. I'm getting on a bit now, so don't have the time to waste.
The one plus, she writes very well. I may try the first novel. But life may be too short.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2014 9:29 AM GMT