Profile for C. D. MOORE > Reviews

C. D. MOORE (London, UK)

VANGUARD UP-Rise 38 Messenger Bag for DSLR Camera
VANGUARD UP-Rise 38 Messenger Bag for DSLR Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and Versatile Bag, 19 Dec 2013
What a great bag for when you want to mix business with the ability to travel with your camera gear. Have had this for a couple of months now and use it as my day to day bag to travel to the office with my laptop (plus charger and mouse), notebook and other bits and pieces. I've also been on three business trips away from the office and each time the bag proved to be ideal. Ten day trip to Dubai allowed me to carry my normal day to day office stuff plus my Nikon D-80 plus 18-200mm and 10-24mm Nikkor lenses (both with lens hoods). On another trip to Italy I just carried my laptop with D-80 and 18-200mm lens. On a third trip to London, I decided that I did not need my camera gear but just my laptop and a spare short, trousers, underwear and wash kit for an overnight stop. On each trip the bag provided ample space and the ability to expand it to accommodate more gear by simply undoing the zip is really useful.

For any dedicated photography trips I'll still use my Lowepro Photo Sport 200 AW Backpack for Camera - Black but when I need to travel on business with some camera gear while keeping my luggage to the minimum, the Up-Rise 38 is now my first choice.

Time Machine 2011:Live in Cleveland
Time Machine 2011:Live in Cleveland
Price: 14.20

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh Dear!! :-(, 12 Jan 2012
Sadly not what I was expecting. Been a Rush fan for over 30 years and this is one of their worst albums ever. As previous reviewers have highlighted, Geddy's voice lets the whole thing down. Track listing is pretty good but on this album they generally do not do the tracks justice. One of my favourite tracks ever is La Villa Strangiato and the version on this album as with other live albums is pretty good however, the rendition of another personal favourite, Closer to the Heart, is very poor on this album. If you have never heard Rush then don't start your collection with this album as it does not do the band justice.

NETGEAR Powerline AV Adapter Kit with Ethernet Switch XAVB1004
NETGEAR Powerline AV Adapter Kit with Ethernet Switch XAVB1004
Offered by Trusted-Goods
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It Just Works, 26 Sep 2010
Awesome piece of kit. I bought this because I wanted to connect my new Sony KDL-40EX703 an my Sony Blu Ray player to the Internet to access BBC iPlayer and other on-line video sources. In time I'll also be setting up network storage to access from my TV e.g. photos ans movies. This Netgear set looked to be just what I needed and it is. Worked first time out of the box with no problems. Both TV and Blu Ray player now happily connected to the Internet via the house mains and a Virgin 10Mb cable connection. You simply connect the switch to your AV kit and to the mains using the supplied power cable and 2 CAT 5 cables. Then use the single Homeplug to connect to the Mains and to your router and that's it - you may need an additional CAT 5 cable if you use both supplied cables to connect your AV kit. You do not need to purchase a separate Homeplug with this kit as you get everything you need. Within 5 mins the setup was complete. I'm so impressed with this kit that I will be buying additional Homeplug's for use around the house.

So far managed to watch a BBC high def programme via iPlayer which looked superb on the TV with no lag or drop out over the Internet connection. Will be trying Love Film service at some point.

All in all a great piece of kit, easy to set up and worked first time. Highly recommended.

Garmin Carrying Case for Edge and Forerunner Series
Garmin Carrying Case for Edge and Forerunner Series

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Partner, 23 May 2010
Had my Garmin Forerunner 405CX for a few weeks now and this case is the ideal partner for it. Initially it looks on the large size however, if you wish to keep the watch, heart rate monitor, USB antenna, wall plug, power lead and the two supplied watch straps together in one case, then they all fit into this case with not much room to spare.

Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 v3
Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 v3

3.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard good - mouse bad, 5 April 2009
Keyboard is good but the mouse is the worst I have ever owned. Just does not feel right in the hand which leads to inaccurate pointing. Shape is all wrong and feels heavy. The poor shape accentuates the weight as it is difficult to pick the mouse up easily as the shape makes it 'hug' the desk.

Anthology
Anthology
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Discovery, 3 April 2007
This review is from: Anthology (Audio CD)
Bought this album last Saturday on the basis of having seen 'Movies' and 'Smooth Criminal' on Kerang. Since then have not stopped playing this gem of an album. As others have written, there are a number of very good tracks in addition to the ones I mentioned earlier. If you like rock music then buy this one - you will not be disappointed.