Profile for Mrs. Jm Mcgow > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Jm Mcgow

Mrs. Jm Mcgow (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Maverick Low Lace Up Shoe / Plain (Light Brown, Size 9 UK)
Maverick Low Lace Up Shoe / Plain (Light Brown, Size 9 UK)
Offered by Wow Shoes
Price: 22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars wow returns policy alert, 20 Jun 2014
The Wow shoes didn't fit my husband, which is unusual because every pair of 9 shoes i've got him in the past have fitted. I would say that he has a standard foot. As a result i didn't have any reason to check the returns policy for Wow Shoes.However when he tried to get the shoes on they were far too small. I contacted the seller and they said that I would need to return the shoes within seven days for a full refund. I decided to send the shoes back 1st class at a price of five pounds and 45 pence. The company obviously recieved the shoes back very quickly and I was offered a 'full ' refund. This did not include my postage for returning the shoes. After having got Amazon involved with emails to Wow, I subsequently recieved an email from Wow Shoes politely telling me that it is the resonsibility of the buyer to return any unwanted goods and that the buyer too, is responsible for that cost. WATCH OUT!!!!! Needless to say I will NOT be dealing with Wow Shoes any time soon in the future.

Travel Chess Set
Travel Chess Set
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online
Price: 10.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A loved present!, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Travel Chess Set (Toy)
This chess set was bought for my husband and he loved it! He's spent many a happy (hours) playing with this handy easily transportable chess set.

The Man Who Broke into Auschwitz
The Man Who Broke into Auschwitz
by Denis Avey
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving and often disturbing account of a wonderful man's life, 23 Jan 2014
This book will keep you turning the page to find out what happened next. The difference between this and an exciting novel is that this actually happened! This man is a hero and in all his accounts he relays the events in a humble and sensitive way. Everyone who was ever persecuted or bullied should read this man's lifestory. It really demonstrates the strength of the human spirit in the face of adversity and torment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2014 7:20 AM GMT

Kolchak - The Night Stalker: Complete Series [DVD]
Kolchak - The Night Stalker: Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Darren McGavin
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic series., 23 Jan 2014
This is a series that my husband enjoyed in his youger years. I was overjoyed to be able to obtain the complete series at such a reasonable price! The macabre meets comedy with this hapless hero. A very entertainng evenings viewing when there is 'nothing on the box'.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Black
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Black
Price: 59.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle! Oh why did I wait so long to get one?, 23 Jan 2014
From the very first day my Kindle arrived I have played with it! There are so many Free books to be had! And if I do buy any these often come under the 2.00 mark. I am spoilt for choice, like a kid in a sweetshop! As an avid reader I love to keep treating myself to new books, more often, getting a 'sample' first which is free, just to make sure i do want the book. It's a no lose situation!
As a lover of books, I was worried that having a Kindle might mean i no longer read books. I still read and love books, i just have my kindle as well now!

The Thirty-Nine Steps
The Thirty-Nine Steps
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this classic, 23 Jan 2014
I had seen the film a good few times but loved the book even more! the twists and turns seemed even more exciting in the written word format.

FoneM8 - Mains Charger For The New Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display, 2012 Kindle Touch, Touch 3G, Paperwhite, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD
Offered by POWERPLUS
Price: 3.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Great charger!, 23 Jan 2014
This is a great charger, plenty of wire, can also be used for your mobile too! I have since discovered the 3pins can be unclipped and will make a great charger to take on holiday as it is very lightweight too.

Never Stop on the Motorway (Short Reads)
Never Stop on the Motorway (Short Reads)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great short reads!, 23 Jan 2014
I think this book would appeal to Jefrey Archer 'die hard' fans as well as the short story fan. Archer's art comes shining through, his wonderful ability to 'spin that yarn', and captivate the audience. He just does it with fewer words this time!

Diary of a Psychic
Diary of a Psychic
Price: 1.61

5.0 out of 5 stars An illuminating insight into how a world renowned Medium and psychic started out on her pathway., 23 Jan 2014
I found this book to be very readable and the author to be very candid in her accounts of her life experiences. At time it verged on voyeurism, one felt like a fly on the wall in Ms Choquettes life. However, i felt a need and loyalty to stay with the book even through some unpleasant accounts. I felt i owed it to the author as she was giving me her gift of experience.

How to Soothe a Virgo: Real Life Guidance on How to Get Along and Be Friends with the 6th Sign of the Zodiac
Price: 6.12

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book!, 23 Jan 2014
As a Virgo, and interested in Astrology, I was very nosy to discover how i was percieved by others and how i might interact with other people who were virgoans. It was illuminating and at times a bit too near the knuckle. But all too true, so an invaluable addition to anyone's bookshelf who wants to know more about their own virgoan traits or other fellow virgoans.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3