Profile for Charmkin > Reviews

Content by Charmkin

Charmkin (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
LEGO Jurassic World (PS4)
LEGO Jurassic World (PS4)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Remind me to thank John for a lovely weekend, 7 July 2015
I love this game so much I have it both on PS4 and Xbox One since I love Jurassic Park. It's a little easier than other recent lego games so you aren't forced to look online for help! The voices and soundtrack are straight from the films, brilliant. I haven't come across any game breaking bugs, only a few minor glitches, for example when saving a worker in peril they may freeze and don't register as being saved. This is easily solved by leaving the area and going back to save them again which only takes a few seconds.

The Sims 4 Get To Work (PC DVD)
The Sims 4 Get To Work (PC DVD)

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't add enough to the game to save it., 16 April 2015
I'm guessing a lot of the positive reviews for this expansion are from those who enjoyed Sims 4 so of course bought the expansion and liked it. If you didn't like it you wouldn't buy the expansion, right? Well I'm an idiot that really disliked Sims 4 but still bought the expansion!

I thought they'd finally sort things out. Nope. I read 'new world', thought they'd give me something better, maybe answer my prayers and give me an open world like Sims 3. Nope. The new world is 1 neighbourhood with 4 lots (3 of which have retail buildings on them).

So the good thing is you can now have your own business like a bakery. But the game is still the same old tedious Sims 4 which is a chore to play. A few of the new hairstyles are nice but most are short. Create-a-Sim is the only good thing about this game. Unfortunately it turned out just like Spore. I would say only buy this if you really like Sims 4 otherwise it won't change anything for you. I still have some hope for the next expansion, me and Sims go way back, I don't want to give up on it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2015 9:07 AM BST

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

4.0 out of 5 stars It's great but I still prefer my Fire TV box, 16 April 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
After reading loads of reviews from the US Amazon about the Fire Stick I was led to believe there was zero difference in speed between the Fire TV and the Fire Stick apart from the fact that if you want to play games you might want to stick to the Fire TV.
I own both and I do actually notice a difference in speed. For me the Stick is noticeably slower, however it only seems that way because the Fire TV does everything pretty much instantaneously and it costs a lot more. The Fire Stick is still quite fast just not instantaneous. It's totally worth the £19 I paid but I wouldn't buy another for its full RRP, I would buy a Fire TV box when it's on sale.

Terraria (PS4)
Terraria (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Control buttons fix, 16 April 2015
This review is from: Terraria (PS4) (Video Game)
Whilst it's true the controls on the PS4 version are awful and you can't change them in game, you can now remap the controls on the PS4 settings. Go the the settings and find accessibility, remap the controls how you like, eg swap R1 for R2 and L1 for L2! You want to tick the box to add your new customised controls to the quick menu (where you press and hold the PS button to access it). So now when you're in the game, press and hold the PS button and activate or deactivate by ticking or unticking the box for your custom controls quickly and easily whenever you like. Why they changed the controls on PS4 version I have no idea but hope this quick fix helps someone. Just remember to untick the box when you've finished playing or it'll be confusing in your other games!

Another thing is you can use the controllers touch pad to pinch and zoom so can zoom in!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2015 5:44 PM BST

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

4.0 out of 5 stars Best for Amazon Content, 6 April 2015
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
I was going to give this a glowing review, but after using the Fire TV more thoroughly I find that anything outside of Amazon content is really lacking. I was upset to find that on the Twitch app you can't even log in and there's no search bar. This means I can't find my friends channels or anyone I'm following so it makes the twitch app useless unless you don't mind watching random people streaming. It advertises the Twitch app so that's one of the reasons I bought it, but I had no idea it would be rubbish. However, the Fire TV performs well in every other way. It's extremely fast and BBC iplayer and 5 on demand work well, but for Twitch or Youtube I would recommend Chromecast. I wish there were more apps like 4OD and ITV.

Also I've noticed in some reviews people are having trouble with the parental controls - you don't have to type in your pin every time you want to watch something - go into the settings and set it so that it only requests your pin for purchases.

amiibo Super Mario Collection - Peach (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
amiibo Super Mario Collection - Peach (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
Offered by konsolenkost

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Smash Bros Collection, 21 Mar. 2015
Wow! I prefer the Super Mario Collection over the the Smash Bros Collection. They're all bigger than their Smash Bros equivalents! These ones seem more robust and solid as they don't have the little stands to hold them in poses. In order of awesomeness I rate Bowser and Peach as the best, followed by Toad, Yoshi, Luigi and Mario. I'm glad I unboxed mine to use.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2015 2:04 AM GMT

amiibo Super Mario Collection - Bowser (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
amiibo Super Mario Collection - Bowser (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
Offered by Family Sales Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 21 Mar. 2015
Wow! I prefer the Super Mario Collection over the the Smash Bros Collection. Bowser is massive and chunky, he's even bigger than Smash Bros bowser Amiibo. In fact they're all bigger than their Smash Bros equivalents! These ones seem a little more robust as they don't have the little stands to hold them in poses. In order of awesomeness I rate Bowser and Peach as the best, followed by Toad, Yoshi, Luigi and Mario. I'm glad I unboxed mine to use and I just love the bigger sizes.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1KEB-D Compact System Digital Camera with 12-32mm Lens - Orange (16MP) 3 inch LCD (New for 2014)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant tiny camera., 9 Mar. 2015
This is the best camera I've ever had. Before I bought this my favourite was my Nikon 1 J2, I've also owned a Sony NEX 5T and used my son's Nikon D3200. It's perfect for me because it's so tiny and people don't really notice it. I also bought the panasonic case for it, which gives it a better grip and adds about 1cm to the height (since the camera sits on top of a platform inside the case).

The lens is great but at 12mm has barrel distortion. The shutter is extremely quiet or you can put it in silent mode for the silent electronic shutter. I thought I would use silent mode all the time because I don't really like drawing attention to myself with shutter sounds but it's so quiet I don't mind it at all.

The touch screen is very responsive and makes changing the creative effects so easy since you just have to tap the upper left corner and it shows you the list of effects and the preview of it. This is what's great about mirrorless cameras - you can see the changes live on the screen. This camera is a dream if you love using effects and putting them on social networking sites/blogs. It also has wifi so I upload straight to the iPad and then use an app to further enhance effects or create a retro look. It's so much fun and I have created some stunning pictures this way. Granted you can do this with most cameras but this one is so small you can just put it in your pocket and use it instead of a phone.

To sum up I would say if you are serious about photography this probably should not be your main camera as you might prefer the handling of something larger with more physical controls, but if you are interested in a pocketable fun, creative camera you can always have with you then I recommend this one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2015 9:17 AM BST

The Sims 4 - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
The Sims 4 - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by Shop4World

1.0 out of 5 stars Utterly disappointed, 21 Sept. 2014
Good: Graphics, create-a-sim.

Bad: EVERYTHING else.

Worst part is there's no open world and no family tree. Just so disappointed. Been playing The Sims since Sims 1.

Cooksmart Small Vintage Floral Design PVC Coated Tablecloth
Cooksmart Small Vintage Floral Design PVC Coated Tablecloth

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 4 Jun. 2014
I've had this for just over a month. It's on a table that barely gets used. The creases where it was folded in the packet have never come out and the bits covering the corner of the table have ripped. It's cheap tat that feels like paper. I should have returned it straight away but it matched my other things so I hoped it would be alright. Save your money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4