Profile for Radio 4 and 1Xtra faves > Reviews

Content by Radio 4 and 1X...

Radio 4 and 1Xtra faves

AIRTRACKS SNOWBOARD SET - BOARD COSMOS 164 - SOFTBINDING SAVAGE L - SB BAG
AIRTRACKS SNOWBOARD SET - BOARD COSMOS 164 - SOFTBINDING SAVAGE L - SB BAG
Offered by Airtracks Sport

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job! Avoid brand name hype and pick up a bargain., 1 Mar 2014
Paid for itself in one trip to the Alps. I'm an intermediate boarder and I've rented a number of "brand name" boards before. Having used the Airtrack board in the Swiss Alps - Wengen and surroundings - on piste - for a week, I cannot tell the difference between it and the boards I've used before. For me, there is a load of hype around ski and boarding equipment. If you don't board to win competitions, I recommend picking this very inexpensive board up. You can always upgrade the bindings, if you like - but they are sturdy enough.
I have to admit, I was slightly nervous when I bought this set, but it turns out to be a real bargain :-)

Mens New Balance Mens M880WB2 Running Trainers in Grey blue - UK 11.5
Mens New Balance Mens M880WB2 Running Trainers in Grey blue - UK 11.5
Offered by GTL

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for regular 10K road running, 2 July 2013
Works for me - now on 2nd pair. Used for 10K road running - had no problems. I'm 73Kgish and run mainly 10Ks - 2 or 3 per week. Shoes have lasted about 10 months, but are now worn and a little flat feeling, so I'm replacing them. I have a pretty stable weight distribution through my ankle, so do not need any correction. The shoe has good cushioning and I've had no injuries or blisters since using them. I got tailored inner soles made. Worth the extra £20.

The Man Without a Face: The Unlikely Rise of Vladmir Putin
The Man Without a Face: The Unlikely Rise of Vladmir Putin

4.0 out of 5 stars Spotlight on the character of a tyrant, 7 May 2012
Interesting insights into the rise of a middling KGB man to lead the mighty Russia. Strikes me that the author has had to interpret much with limited background information. Trouble with writing about Putin is that Putin keeps very close control of his image. A very good effort with plenty of insightful analysis - however tinged with a partisanship that is thoroughly understandable. A valuable work shedding a little light on an otherwise opaque, undemocratic and powerful state. Particularly liked the detail regarding Putin's impromptu acquisition of a glass kalashnikov from a US museum. Along with the incredible sums he "redirected" to build a personal fortress/pleasure castle by the sea. Good value!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality and competitive price., 12 Nov 2011
Am thinking of buying a 2nd one for the bedroom. Looks good; sounds good; competitive price; no useless frills; all the features I need. I was thinking of getting the Internet Radio version (£100 more expensive) but I read some negative reviews concerning usability and compatibility - so I chose this simple version with DAB - which is great in the UK. Good choice.