Profile for S. Mcgrath > Reviews

S. Mcgrath (JAPAN)

The Man
The Man
Price: 11.57

5.0 out of 5 stars ... Omar for years simply because he always turns out great songs, great music, 15 July 2014
This review is from: The Man (Audio CD)
Have been a big fan of Omar for years simply because he always turns out great songs, great music, other than that I just love his voice. Up there with the best, easily! To tell you the truth I hadn't thought much about him for a while, easily done as his re-released last album 'Sing' was 3 years ago now. So it wasn't until I bought a 2010 vinyl EP by 'Maddslinky', AKA Zed Bias, with Omar as vocalist, check it! Anyway, that led me back to see what this guy was up to. Although 'The Man' features numerous guest artists, this is still classic Omar. An Excellent album, a must buy.

Music for Adverts
Music for Adverts
Price: 11.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music, great vocals and not one single track ..., 15 July 2014
This review is from: Music for Adverts (Audio CD)
Hadn't heard of this artist before, but after a recommendation from a friend gave it a listen. That was it, I was hooked and bought it! Great music, great vocals and not one single track I don't like. Put that smile back on your face and buy 'Music for Adverts'.

Broken Toys
Broken Toys
Price: 10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars As always Smoove & Turrell deliver another brilliant dance album, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Broken Toys (Audio CD)
As always Smoove & Turrell deliver another brilliant dance album. Personally I prefer the last album 'Eccentric Audio', that's the only reason for the 4 stars. But that said this is still a must buy album.

Hospital Mixtape: Etherwood
Hospital Mixtape: Etherwood
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars all nicely put together by the brilliant Etherwood, 15 July 2014
A mix of known and, as for me, unknown artists, all nicely put together by the brilliant Etherwood. Saw him in Tokyo last weekend with London Elektricity. Awesome! A must buy.

Daniel Craig 007 Triple Pack: Casino Royale / Quantum of Solace / Skyfall [Blu-ray] [2006]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by Sent2u
Price: 22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Blu-ray region restrictions - confusing!, 30 Jun 2013
Great films, but unfortunately I didn't realise there were region restrictions on the Blu-ray series and in this set they are NOT all the same, which is confusing. Casino Royale has (A,B,C) regions, so can watch that, Quantum of Solace (B) region, can't watch that & Skyfall also (B) region, but the odd thing is, I can watch Skyfall on Blu-ray which is great, but really irritating! Why can I see one but not the other ??? So be careful if you are ordering from outside the U.K. and not in the right region. Can only give it 3 stars. It's 007, so NOT for the films, which are brilliant, but for this confusing Blu-ray box set. Just wish I could watch Quantum of Solace.

David Lean Collection [DVD]
David Lean Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ralph Richardson
Price: 20.39

4.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful collection, but for one thing!, 27 Nov 2008
This review is from: David Lean Collection [DVD] (DVD)
This is a Box Set that everyone should have if you want to see Classic British Cinema at it's best. A great collection of films from director David Lean, so you can't go wrong there. The BFI have made a wonderful job, each film has a clear crisp black and white image, though age does show occasionally. Now for the down side, well it is for me. After spending, what must've been, a lot of time and money on these films, the BFI have made the most astonishing move and put all 10 film on a 4:3 ratio, not a single cinematic version to be had. What were they thinking of ? Do they think those who love these films would love to sit back and watch them on their little black and white tv's ? Come on !! Now I know for a fact that some of the films are already available in 1:1.33 ratio, so why aren't they here. Major disappointment. Therefore, 4 stars.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2009 3:58 PM GMT

Mania
Mania
Price: 20.98

4.0 out of 5 stars On CD! At last!, 24 Mar 2006
This review is from: Mania (Audio CD)
I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for something by The Lucy Show to appear on CD. They have always been one of my favourite bands. 'Mania' is a good album, though the sound is, of course, a little dated, I still think it sounds great today. I'm actually listening to a very worn out tape of 'Mania' as I'm writing this and tracks, such as 'Shame', 'Part of me now' and 'New message' stand out for me on this album.
One of those great bands from the 80's that never really got the recognition they deserved. Only give this 4 stars, as I have to agree with the other reviewer, 'Undone', their debut album, was clearly their best work and if I had the chance to review it, I wouldn't hesitate to give that 5 stars.
Hopefully one day soon, if and when it's realised on CD.

Agatha Christie's Miss Marple Collection - Murder she Said / Murder Ahoy / Murder At The Gallop / Murder Most Foul (4 Discs) (Box Set) (DVD) [2004]
Dvd ~ Margaret Rutherford
Price: 10.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Miss Marple collection, 5 Jan 2004
I've been waiting for this day for years and here they are.
Ever since I was young and saw these films on T.V. and more recently managed to obtain ' Murder,She Said' and 'Murder at the Gallop' on video, I've wanted to own these on DVD .
Margret Rutherford is superb as, the slightly eccentric but very down to earth, Miss Marple and no other actress has been able to portray the character as well as she.
'Murder,She Said' is the first in the series of 4 that Margret Rutherford did. Miss Marple, while travelling, witnesses the murder of a woman on a passing train and decides to take things into her own hands when the police refuse to believe her story and so her adventures begin.
Whether you want to own these great British classics on video or DVD, you can't go wrong, though I have to say it would be nice to know if the DVD were in widescreen format or not. I totally agree with the other review, a must buy.