Profile for Woodland Elf > Reviews

Content by Woodland Elf

Woodland Elf

Marcia DeCoster's Beads in Motion (Lark Jewelry & Beading)
Marcia DeCoster's Beads in Motion (Lark Jewelry & Beading)
by Marcia DeCoster

5.0 out of 5 stars Bead-o-holic, 31 Dec. 2013
The latest book in my beading collection. I was attracted by the novelty of 'moving parts' in the jewellery.
It's a fabulous book, clearly illustrated and nicely photographed. The projects are unusual and each one explains 'how it moves'. I just need more hours in the day to be able to devote to all the pieces I would like to make!

Thomas Kinkade Painter of Light 2014 Box
Thomas Kinkade Painter of Light 2014 Box
by Andrews McMeel
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 31 Dec. 2013
This is a new purchase for me this year as I had kirigami cut out block calendars for the past two years and fancied a change.
I'm glad I did. A lovely calendar for my desk at work with a new picture to look at every day :-)

Anne of Green Gables - Collector's Box Set (Dutch Import)
Anne of Green Gables - Collector's Box Set (Dutch Import)
Dvd ~ Colleen Dewhurst, Richard Farnsworth, Patricia Hamilton, Marilyn Lightstone Megan Follows
Offered by JTG-Entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Anne Fan, 31 Dec. 2013
I wish I had taken more care to read the reviews before buying.
My mum has just been discharged from hospital and asked for this a birthday present. We have the original video but the quality is poor so this was to be a treat.
The quality of this DVD is poor. Even the scenes filmed in bright sunshine look dull and the colours are not true.
Also please note that this is a Dutch import. Not a problem mainly except that the subtitles are ONLY in Dutch.
This is a problem for mum because she is hard of hearing and uses subtitles when watching TV.
We still love the films but if I'd realised I would have waited for the digitally re-mastered versions which appear on the Sullivan website (US DVD versions only currently) and persevered with the old video and saved my money ;-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2014 2:55 PM BST

Dodo Pad Desk Diary 2014 - Calendar Year Week to View Diary: A Combined Family Diary-doodle-memo-message-engagement-organiser-calendar-book
by Naomi McBride
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Dodo-delicious!, 31 Dec. 2013
This is the 4th year I have bought the Desk Diary. I use it at work every day to manage my to-do lists, other reminders and phone messages.
Spiral bound so lays flat and can be folded over.
Perforated corner page keepers.
Clear layout throughout.
The pages brighten up each work day. Both Practical and quirky.
I wouldn't be without it :-)

Cath Kidston Diary 2014 Small (A6)
Cath Kidston Diary 2014 Small (A6)
by Kidston Cath
Edition: Diary

2.0 out of 5 stars What a Disappointment!, 28 Dec. 2013
I bought a Cath Kidston diary for 2013 and loved everything about it. In fact it was the best diary I had ever owned! This year I read the reviews but was prepared to give it a chance. Well I'm afraid it is all true:
-Poor quality
-No perforations in the 'perforated' notes (the clue is in the title!)
-Cheap-looking layout in main diary pages
-The month at a glance is a list instead of blocks and
-There is no zip pocket which was so useful for slipping in car park tickets etc in a place that was immediately visible and clipping my pen to
Today was the final straw when I unclipped the fastener and the whole plastic tab came away in my hand and this is after only opening it a handful of times so far...and it's not even 2014 yet. I actually feel cheated :(
Designers please take note and improve for next year. Personally I would gladly pay a little extra to maintain 2013 quality.