Profile for N. Cortese > Reviews

N. Cortese (UK)

HP 301 colour Ink Cartridge
HP 301 colour Ink Cartridge

1.0 out of 5 stars fake hp cartridges, 8 July 2012
These cartridges run out very quickly and my printer notified me that it was not a genuine hp cartridge. I am in the process of reporting this to hp also. I have received this notification twice now about two separate cartridges. DO NOT BUY!

MY WEE FRIEND  - POTTY TRAINING MADE EASY  -  STICK IN POTTY AND WATCH THE FACE SMILE WHEN CHILD USES THE POTTY -  1 STICKER PER ORDER
MY WEE FRIEND - POTTY TRAINING MADE EASY - STICK IN POTTY AND WATCH THE FACE SMILE WHEN CHILD USES THE POTTY - 1 STICKER PER ORDER
Offered by Kiddymania & Dollymania

5.0 out of 5 stars This is genius, 4 Feb 2009
My son refused to even sit on the potty. I tried all the tips - putting teddy on it, having him see his friends wee in their potty, letting him choose which potty to buy, bribing him with chocolate buttons - but he steadfastly refused to even try to sit on it.

I knew he was ready to be trained as he kept announcing his wees right before doing one so I knew he had bladder control but making that jump from weeing on the floor to in an actual potty seemed impossible. Until I bought one of these stickers!

Not sure why this simple smiling yellow star appealed to him so much but I simply explained that the black circle would change into a yellow star if he peed on it and next thing I knew, he was sat on his potty. Curiosity got the better of him! A chart came with the sticker (although since, I've bought one for a friend and there was no chart so not sure if mine happened to be a one off) and my son loved putting stickers on the chart too every time he'd peed. So I would definitely make a chart to go with it too.

After this sticker, he was potty trained in one day at 2 years old. Although waiting till they show signs of bladder control is the biggest factor for success.

But if you have a child who has an issue with even sitting on the potty, then this sticker is sheer genius!!

Robot Keepsake/Lunch Box
Robot Keepsake/Lunch Box

5.0 out of 5 stars fun and funky, 4 Feb 2009
This review is from: Robot Keepsake/Lunch Box (Toy)
Any friend that comes to my house wants this tin box the minute they set eyes on it! It's a great shape and size - currently storing my son's wooden birthday cake pieces in it - and has such an eye-catching funky robot design on it.

The little handle is great and my 31 month old loves carrying it around. Kids seem to love tin boxes.

I'd say it was too bulky to be a lunch box but it's great for storing little cars, or jigsaw pieces.

Night Monkey, Day Monkey
Night Monkey, Day Monkey
by Lucy Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars yet another winner, 4 Feb 2009
I totally love Julia Donaldson's books. Her writing is imaginative, fun and always a pleasure to read aloud to my son. The rhythm and word play is up to her usual excellent standard - although The Gruffalo is a classic and The Snail and the Whale is pure pleasure that never ceases to bring a tear to my eye! - and the illustration in Night Monkey is also to be commended, very bold and bright.

Night Monkey Day Monkey is not only fun but educates children about opposites and also what happens during the day and/or night.It's got a fabulous little ending too.

My 31 month old loves her books and given he is a really energetic busy little boy, then Donaldson's books are indeed magical because they're the only ones he gives his full attention to. Needless to say, I've bought every single one she's ever written!!

Very First Words Board Book (Usborne First Words Board Books)
Very First Words Board Book (Usborne First Words Board Books)
by Jo Litchfield

3.0 out of 5 stars better ones out there, 5 Nov 2007
It's not bad but I think first word books work better with photographs rather than these cartoon pics. The body parts are just not very distinguishable.The nose, for example, is barely there.

Also given it's American, there's a very yellow taxi which is irrelevant to us Brits and I'm not keen on the page of junk food - burger, pizza, chocolate.

My 16 month old son seems to like it but there's much better books out there for first word association.

Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell
by Susanna Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars work of genius, 13 Dec 2006
One of the most enthralling, gripping books I've ever read. Magical, dark, witty, beautiful...I could go on. Huge book but so fascinating that it didn't take long to read.

Susanna has an amazing imagination and you will never feel the same about faeries again!

Just buy this book.

The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret to Calm and Confident Parenting
The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret to Calm and Confident Parenting
by Gina Ford

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy this book! NO STARS, 12 Dec 2006
Babies are individuals, not little androids. This book is for lazy people who do not think that babies should change your life in any way. Well babies DO change your life and that's a good thing.

Having children is not about leaving them to cry themselves to sleep or feeding them when it's convenient for YOU. How about cuddling them or feeding them when they're hungry? This book is simply about inflicting cruel regimes and even if they do work - after all, a baby will sleep eventually - what are the long-term effects on the mental and emotional well-being of a child who has been abandoned to cry itself to sleep?

Would you like to eat when you're hungry and not when it suits someone else? Would you like to be cuddled or gently rocked to sleep or left to cry alone in a room?

My son found his own routine without me having to inflict regimes on him.It just required some patience.He is a little individual and I listen to his needs.

Why take advice from someone who doesn't even have children?

Baby Touch Picture Book
Baby Touch Picture Book

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful book, 18 Oct 2006
Have to agree with other review. Really beautifully designed book - clear colourful pics with lots of smiley faces and recognizable shapes. My 4 month old LOVES this book and I've just ordered the entire Baby Touch range. My son loves turning the pages and seeing the babies in their shiny red rocket flying to the moon! Lots of different textures in this book too from crinkly cardboard door on a house to a fluffy cotton wool cloud. Great fun!